18 | Tolerance

He awoke to the sound of his phone ringing, interrupting some of the best sleep he had experienced in ages. He groaned, turning his head toward his phone and pulling away from the boy he was holding to answer the stupid device.

      'What the fuck do you want?' He grumbled, raising the phone to his ear as he stared at the ceiling. His other arm was still tightly wrapped around the boy next to him.

      Soobin's voice filled his eardrums. 'Hey, by any chance, have you seen Choi Beomgyu?'

      At the sound of his name, the boy next to Yeonjun stirred, his eyes fluttering open before he lifted his gaze to stare at Yeonjun curiously. Yeonjun gave him a smile, stroking his hair gently, before responding to Soobin's question, eyes narrowed. 'Perhaps . . . why?'

      He heard Soobin sigh and he imagined the boy glaring at the phone with an annoyed expression. 'I don't know, Kang Taehyun asked me to ask you if you knew where he was.'

      'Kang Taehyun? You mean the guy that threw a fork at me.' Yeonjun frowned as he recalled the incident. He heard Beomgyu snort in response to his words. He wasn't surprised that Taehyun wouldn't just ask Yeonjun directly.

      'Yeah. Anyway, tell Beomgyu to answer his phone and that if he doesn't his parents are calling the police on you.' Those words caused them both to tense up and Soobin immediately hung up after that.

      Yeonjun turned to face his soulmate, concern written all over his features while Beomgyu's expression was unreadable. 'You okay?' the older boy asked, placing his phone back on the nightstand before bringing the raven haired boy into a tight hug, rubbing circles on his back in an attempt to calm him.

      Beomgyu wrapped his arms around his soulmate's frame, burying his face in his chest, and silently contemplated everything that had happened over the past two days.

      He had outed himself to his entire family, pissed off his sisters, ran away from home, made out with his soulmate, and was now cuddling up to said boy in an attempt to ignore all of his problems.

      What. The. Hell.

      He released a long, heavy sigh. ' . . . I guess I better charge my phone. It's dead.'

      His response made Yeonjun smile. 'You can use my charger,' he replied softly, breathing in the smell of his soulmate and closing his eyes, memorising how it felt before he reluctantly pulled away, sitting up. Beomgyu copied his actions warily. 'Where'd you put your phone?'

      'It's probably still in my pocket,' he responded, crawling off the bed to go search through the pocket of the joggers he had worn yesterday.

      Sure enough, his fingers came into contact with the cold casing as he pulled the phone out of the pocket.

      He plopped himself back onto the bed, handing the cold device to his soulmate, who in turn plugged the phone into a charger.

      Now they would have to wait.

      Yeonjun turned to his soulmate, a worried look in his gaze. '. . . Are you gonna be okay? Do you need me to go with you when you leave?'

      Beomgyu shook his head slowly, staring at the carpet with a glum expression gracing his features. 'No. Hopefully with my sisters there I won't get yelled at as much, or maybe they won't talk to me at all.'

      His words caused Yeonjun's heart to shatter as worry consumed him. He immediately moved to hug the boy tightly. 'Yah, please call me if anything happens,' he breathed, resting his chin on top of his soulmate's head.