15 | Secrets Revealed

Please bear with me I've been to two weddings when I was little and I don't remember anything from them, then I went to a reception last year but we were so late we missed 90% of it and I just sat there eating food with my sister and complaining about school the entire time, so I don't have any experience with this kind of thing SORRY

      'You may now kiss the bride.'

      Cheers erupted from the crowd as Bona and her husband shared a shy kiss. People clapped, standing up from their seats, Bona's uni friends yelling congratulatory phrases at the top of their lungs.

      Then the couple did something unexpected, sprinting down the aisle towards the door to the church. People took this as an invitation to follow them, and they left the aisles they were sitting in before following after them. Beomgyu was impressed at how well some of the women in the crowd could run in heels. Confused, he followed Bomi, who couldn't exactly run and instead hobbled towards the entrance along with her husband.

      They had been right in the front of the seating as they were requested to sign some legal document stating they approved of the marriage. Beomgyu couldn't remember if he had to do this for Bomi's wedding, or if the document had any important significance or if it was just for ritual purposes, he just knew that a pang of guilt stabbed him when signing it.

      So people that weren't soulmates could get married. 

      He wondered if the priest performing the ceremony knew that they weren't soulmates. 

      They passed the threshold of the holy sanctuary, the bright midday sun greeting them. The whole experience felt so surreal to Beomgyu, as if he were simply a spectator watching them from afar. Fear of the events soon to come consumed him and he broke out into a sweat, but whether that was from the heat or his anxiety, he couldn't tell.

      Distant relatives greeted him when they approached the area where the reception would be held, as it was being held outside to enjoy the summer weather. Everyone that approached them asked how far along Bomi was, and what the gender of her baby was, before then asking Beomgyu about his studies. It was all typical small talk that adults made, nothing particularly interesting to him.

      Some people made worried comments about how close it was to the due date for Bomi's child, and that she should be resting indoors and not straining herself, but Bomi countered with the fact that she couldn't possibly miss her sister's wedding, and that nothing would stop her from missing the ceremony, even if she went into labor during it.

      Her comments made them chuckle. Beomgyu had nothing interesting to say to them about school, so they didn't really have any particularly interesting responses, quickly dismissing themselves to go speak to other family members.

      This was when some family friends arrived, including three annoying kids that loved to harass Beomgyu.

      'HYEONG DO YOU HAVE TIKTOK ON YOUR PHONE???' One of them screeched as soon as he saw Beomgyu floating awkwardly near Bomi and her husband. Geum Kiwoo, 12, ran up to him, staring at the older in expectation. 'MY MUM TOOK AWAY MY IPAD FOR TWO WEEKS!'

      Beomgyu shook his head in response to the boy's question; better to lie than to deal with him whining when told he couldn't use his phone. Kiwoo frowned, staring at the ground dejectedly as his two younger siblings approached. 'BEOMGYU HYEONG DO YOU WANNA PLAY MINECRAFT WITH US???'

      Kiwoo immediately snapped his head around to stare at them angrily. 'WHAT????? MUM LET YOU BRING YOUR TABLETS?'

      They nodded simultaneously, enraging Kiwoo. 'THAT'S NOT FAIR!!' he cried, before immediately running off to go find his mother. 'MUM!!!'