11 | Fight to the Death

'Holy fish sticks cat, why do you shed so much?' Huening Kai cried, his high pitched complaining echoing throughout the room. He closed his eyes in frustration and let out a deep sigh as Taehyun's cat, Hobak, started kneading on his leg. 

      He stared at the tabby cat with a mix of frustration and adoration. Hobak looked so cute kneading his leg, but his claws were extremely sharp, digging into his skin even though he was wearing sweatpants. Unfortunately, Kai had made the decision to wear black sweatpants, and now a mixture of white and brown cat hairs decorated his legs.

      Taehyun laughed as he watched his friend suffer. Hobak had taken quite a liking to Kai, as the cat was even purring happily as he kneaded. 'Hyeong! Get your cat off me!' Hobak was hurting him, but Kai didn't have the heart to remove the happy cat from his leg.

      'Why? He likes you,' Taehyun grinned evilly as the younger boy gave him an exasperated look. 'But not as much as he likes me,' he stated triumphantly, snatching Hobak from Kai's leg and hugging the cat, stroking his soft head with one hand as he held the tabby's legs with the other. Hobak meowed in protest, but quickly adjusted to his new position in Taehyun's arms, purring once more. Taehyun kissed the Hobak's head gently, before placing him on the ground and allowing him to roam around the room once again.

        Huening Kai raised an eyebrow as he watched Hobak decide who to bother next. When he saw the cat turn to him he immediately scooted away and hid behind Beomgyu, determined not to let the tabby shed on him again.

      'Are we done here? Can we play Mario Kart now?' Beomgyu asked Taehyun as he gave Kai a weird look. Miraculously, his parents allowed him to hang out with friends. They were probably being lenient with him because of the soulmate thing, and there wasn't much for him to study, anyway. He had already completed all of the workbooks Bomi and Bona had previously used to study for the uni entrance exam, so unless they gave him some more to complete, he didn't really have anything to do, which was new. He was usually always busy.

      'Yeah, let's play, hyeong,' Huening Kai agreed. 'I don't wanna play with your pets anymore.'

      Taehyun stared at the ceiling as he considered their suggestion, before nodding. 'Yeah, we can play.'

      They all pushed themselves off of the carpeted floor, before Taehyun led them down the stairs to the ground floor, then guided them to a door that led to another set of stairs. Their footsteps were silent on the wooden stairs as they stepped down into the darkness, sounds of papers being flipped through from Taehyun's mother's office and the TV show that Seohyun was watching in the living room preventing them from getting too scared of the dark.

      At the bottom of the steps, Taehyun felt the wall for the light switch, a click sounding in their ears as the basement was illuminated. They stepped onto the soft carpet and Taehyun led them down a hallway which opened up into a second living area, a large TV at one end and a few sofas facing it at the other. 

      Taehyun approached the TV stand, pressing the power button on the Wii before looking for the remote to turn on the TV. 'You're one of the only people I know that still has a Wii,' Beomgyu commented, making himself comfortable on one of the faux leather sofas. 

      Taehyun scoffed. 'That doesn't say much,' he responded dryly, picking up a remote resting in a basket on the bottom shelf of the TV stand. 'You only know three people that aren't your family members.' He felt a glare burn into his back as he spoke.

      'I used to have a Wii,' Huening Kai spoke as he stared at the TV, the screen lighting up as it turned on. He held a throw pillow close to his chest and he curled up on the opposite side of the sofa Beomgyu was on. 'But then we traded it for a PS because Lea begged Dad so that she could play Final Fantasy, but then she took it with her to uni and charges people in her dorm 1000 won to use it for half an hour.'