08 | Consequences Ensue

Warning: This chapter contains an excessive amount of swearing

      Choi Yeonjun was a living heater.

      Soobin wasn't even standing near him, but he could feel the heat that radiated off the boy from by Odi's cage. 

      Or maybe it was just the heating pad used to keep Odi warm.

      He ruffled his hair, approaching the sleeping boy on his bed.

      Nope. It was definitely Yeonjun. He could really feel the heat now.

      'Wake up, dinner is ready,' Soobin glared at the boy as he yanked the sheets away from him. Yeonjun instantly reacted to the sudden change in temperature, curling into himself and groaning.

      'God, why is your room so damn cold?' he mumbled, lifting a hand to rub the sleep out of his eyes. 'I'm surprised Odi hasn't frozen to death.'

      Soobin stared at the boy blankly. Yeonjun didn't know anything about hedgehogs, yet he still had the audacity to lecture him on the well being of his pet. ' . . . It's 22 degrees (Celsius), he's fine.'

      '22?!' Yeonjun immediately sat up, slightly shivering in his summer uniform. He stared at his best friend in disgust. 'Not only are you cold-hearted, you're cold-blooded, too.'

      He was promptly flicked in the head.

      'Whatever, just come eat and don't say anything stupid in front of my Dad.' With those last words, Soobin left the room, waving goodbye to Odi with a stupid grin on his face before heading downstairs. Yeonjun didn't understand how his personality could pull a 180 as soon as he laid his eyes on his precious pet.

      Sighing, he crawled off the bed, making his way to the mirror in Soobin's room in order to check and make sure his hair was presentable. He frowned as he adjusted strands of his hair, before turning around and approaching the cage that was on a table. He lowered himself to peer into the cage, staring blankly at the creature inside.

      As soon as Odi noticed his presence he immediately scurried into his little hiding place, burying himself under the linings of the cage. Yeonjun scoffed, standing up. 'You are so damn lucky you have someone that's willing to clean the shit and piss off your feet,' he muttered, walking out of the room and shutting the door behind him.

      'How is Sean liking Seoul?' Soobin's father's voice could be heard as Soobin entered the dining area. He spotted the rest of his family already sitting down, asking Yubin about university.

      'He loves chasing all the birds at the dog parks,' Yubin responded, sliding her phone across the table so their father could see pictures of the dog. Sean was originally the family pet, but once Yubin went off to university she took him with her, since Soobin wasn't willing to take care of a dog along with a hedgehog, and his parents weren't too fond of dogs. Yubin was the one who begged them to adopt Sean, anyway.

      Soobin sat down in the seat next to his mother. His father snorted as Yubin swiped through multiple pictures she had taken. 'Why do you only take pictures of him when he looks stupid?'