102

Zoe had her elbows propped on the bar as she sat beside Foggy

Zoe had her elbows propped on the bar as she sat beside Foggy. She was drinking a virgin cocktail since she vowed to never drink when she was feeling low. And just the thought of Fisk being out was far too much for her. So she was with Foggy to make sure that he doesn't drink too much. They didn't go to Josie's because Foggy said he didn't want Rhea to worry too much, plus, he said he didn't really feel like talking. And he knew that Rhea was going to want to talk with him. She understood this. Zoe wasn't exactly fond of it, but she knew that Foggy just needed a moment.

Zoe finished her drink and pushed the glass in front of her. She checked the time on her phone and knew that they needed to be leaving soon. When she looked at him, she caught him crumbling up a flier for Tower's reelection campaign.

"Foggy. Zoe."

Zoe turned her head at the voice that whispered behind them. And for a moment she thought that maybe the bartender was an asshole and purposefully gave her alcohol because she was pretty sure she was hallucinating.

"This isn't real." Was Foggy's immediate response.

Matt was behind them, a large dull gray hoodie with a matching cap on his head with normal sunglasses on, "It's real."

Zoe scoffed out and shook her head, "Oh, my fucking God."

And while Foggy got up from his chair with a large smile on his face, Zoe didn't. She covered her face and just sighed. Foggy pulled Matt in for a hug because his best friend was standing in front of him.

"Hey, Foggy."

"How?" Foggy murmured against him, "Where have- We all thought you were dead."

"I'm sorry." Matt's apology made Zoe snort.

Foggy didn't even seem to notice Zoe's obvious mood change, "Does Benicia know you're back yet?"

Matt swallowed and put a hand on his shoulder, "Take a seat." Matt sat down as well, leaving Foggy between him and Zoe. "I'm... I'm not back."

Zoe exhaled and stared ahead of her, "There it is."

Foggy just had a grin on his face, "Well, I'm 75% sure I'm not hallucinating."

Matt cleared his throat because it was obvious that Foggy wasn't entirely getting what he was saying, but Zoe was, "I'm, uh... not back. Matt Murdock isn't gonna be a part of me anymore. Um... I'm leaving him behind."

Foggy shot a confused look at him, like the world was now crashing down on him, "What?"

"The only reason I came here was to warn you and the others... that Fisk is out and you're all in danger."

"Dude-"

"I've had a rough couple of months." Matt didn't let him speak any further, "Questioning a lot of... The point of it all. And last night, everything became clear. I'm going after him. I'm gonna find a way to bring Fisk down. But I can only do that if I know you're all safe."