3

Benicia took her glasses off as she entered Matt's apartment

Benicia took her glasses off as she entered Matt's apartment. She tried to rub them clean with the shirt given to her by the NYPD but it was soaked through. Giving up, Benicia just put the glasses back on barely being able to see through with the water stains.

"I don't have much in the way of food, but there's a Thai place on the corner." Matt explained while walking further into the living room of his apartment. "If we order now, it should get here by the time I make up the bedroom for you."

Benicia could barely see other than the streetlights peering through the windows. "It's... It's a little dark in here."

"I never uh-" Matt hadn't thought of that since he never really needed the lights on, "-light switch is on the wall to your left. So, uh, want some food?"

Benicia decided against turning the lights on, she could see enough and that's all that mattered, "Uh, no, I'm not really hungry. But would you have a shirt or something I could borrow? This one is really wet..."

Matt chuckled as he listened to her wrung at the shirt, hearing the few droplets of water, "Then don't tell Foggy or Zoe. Let me grab something for you."

"And I could stay here in the living room." Benicia called out to him as he walked into his own room, "That is your room and your bed. I think your couch will be just fine."

"From what I understand about my living room, that might not be true."

Benicia was confused at first until she walked up to the window. A giant electronic billboard flashed bright lights into the living room. It allows Benicia to see even more of his home, "Wow..."

"Went up a year ago. I'm told the co-op nearly rioted, some oversight from the developer's agreed." Matt explained to her as she gaped up at the sign, "Upside is, nobody wanted it and I got a corner apartment at a hell of a discount."

Benicia turned her head as Matt handed her one of his white button up shirts. She reached out for it with a grateful smile, even if he couldn't see it, "Thank you." She glanced back at the billboard, "The living room is still fine. I can handle a little light."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure." Benicia pulled the NYPD sweater off of herself. She did glance back at where Matt was, her nerves spiked up even though she knew he couldn't see her undressing. She put the white shirt on and quickly buttoned it, "Can... Can I ask a personal question?"

Matt seemed to have already known what she wanted to ask and gave her an answer, "I haven't always been blind."

Benicia released an air laugh while cleaning her glasses off with the clean shirt, "I guess that's what everyone must want to know."

"That or How do you comb your hair?"

Unable to contain it, Benicia put her glasses back on with a teasing grin, "And how do you comb your hair, Mr. Murdock?"