Filler 4

A droplet of water dripped from Bennett's wet hair, landing on his bare shoulder and making its way down to nestle in his defined collarbone.

The blonde was absently staring at his mirror, not really seeing his blurry reflection from the fogginess

It had been two days since Elias had called him. It had been two days spent in a confused haze, going to work, then coming back to his lonely apartment to fall into a restless sleep.

The hurricane destroying his head was a hazard he unintentionally brought to the hospital. His lazy movements and far away consciousness was dangerous in his field, and his colleagues had noticed, some had even taken the time to check on him and persuade him to take a break. Though, of course, Bennett couldn't do that.

To be frank, Bennett could do that. He could very much phone his parents and let them know he needed time off work, or he could get Elias involved, and the hospital would have no choice but to offer him a paid leave. However, no matter how many influential people he knew, Bennett wouldn't ever involve them in his work. He was too proud for that.

Bennett's body racked with a shuddering breath. Repeating the brief phone call in his head, once again. Elias, through a voice groggy with tears, had apologized.

Bennett had thought he wanted this. He wanted Elias to feel guilty for leaving him so abruptly, so unfairly. However, the shakiness of his deep voice, the vulnerability in his tone, and the pleading had caused his heart to ache.

He guessed that was what love was. You don't feel triumph when you win an intense argument, and you certainly don't enjoy the defeat in your lover's form as they apologize. Their pain is your pain, unfortunately.

Elias had gushed about Harper, about how cute their mate was and how much Bennett would love him. Bennett scoffed. Of course, he would, if Harper was anything like he'd been described, it would be impossible not to.

But, the blonde had no time left to dwell on such topics, as he was, finally, meeting Harper for the first time. No one else would be there, oddly requested by Harper himself. Apparently, the boy wanted alone time with Bennett.

Fuck. The blonde didn't have the energy to refuse the flutter of his heart.

Bennett didn't have it in him to dress as he normally would, the color and fun accessories would fail to match his foul mood and darkened mind. However, he didn't want to be brooding and, well... boring, when Harper saw him.

So thoughtfully, he stared into his mostly empty closet. He didn't live in this apartment anymore, and frankly, he'd never thought he'd have to stay here again after moving in with his mates, therefore felt no need to keep any clothes here.

Not too embarrassed to admit it, Bennett had gone shopping for the occasion, though splurged was a much more suitable word for whatever he'd done. He'd bought things he didn't know where he'd fit after he went back home, and a questionable amount of new panties?

Well, at least he'd be prepared if Harper decided to bed him, though he sincerely doubted that. His mate was shy. Well, according to other people.

Giddiness formed in the pits of his belly, he would finally be able to attest to that himself.

Deciding on the safest outfit, a green and blue striped sweater, over straight-legged jeans, he took his time to appreciate how the colors blended in with his eyes.

Only having his gold jewelry with him, Bennett adorned his slim fingers with rings and hung a few more of his family heritage around his neck. Gold was essential in an Eastern European household, no child would be caught wearing imitation.