Road trip - chapter 54 ४

Começar do início

As you see the sign Baltimore. You feel yourself starting to panic. Loki quickly grabs your hand. "I'm pulling over" he sighs. Driving off the highway at the first exit possible. As soon as the car stops you open the door. Taking in all the fresh air you can. Stumbling out of the car. You were definitely having an anxiety attack.

"We can go back"

"No I can't, I have to do this. If you want to go home fine. I'm not backing out" you stammer.

He kneels in front of you cupping your face. As he looks into your eyes. They're twitching every now and then a glimpse of purple shines through.
"I'm not letting you drive in that condition"

"What condition" you hiss. He flinches as your powers begin forming around you. "I'm sorry" you say. Taking a deep breath trying to control it again.

"Get in the car" he says coldly. Getting back into the driver seat. He's closed you out of his head. Probably because he's mad at you. You get it. You're mad at yourself too. You get back inside without protesting.

After an hour you finally arrive. You stay in the car looking out over the cemetery. Some of the most honorable people are buried here, and now Steve is too. Of course he is, he's the most honorable person you've ever known. And although you want to go there, you can't. Your body is frozen.

"Take your time" Loki says kindly. You're in shock at how much patience he has. You've been a jerk the whole night. And he's still being supportive.

"I'm ready" you're lying, but you have to do it.

He opens the door, walking with you hand in hand. The cemetery is enormous. But Loki knew exactly where he was resting.

And there it was, still covered in red, white and blue roses. Teddy bears. Candles. Notes from loving fans of Captain America.

Steven Grant Rogers
Captain America
Brooklyn
July 4th 1918 - April 25 2024
World war ll
Battle of New York
Battle of Sokovia
Battle of Wakanda
Avenger, SHIELD agent, US soldier

You run your fingers over the grave stone. Captain America. He was so much more than an avenger, an agent.... A soldier. He was a man, beyond that shield. Looking down upon all the gifts from his admires. You notice the small dog tag around one of the teddy bears..It's Buckys military tag. Nat left a bracelet he had given her on her birthday. She said she never wore it, but secretly she loved it. Tony had left a letter. Very Tony of him. Not to much sentiment, but something with meaning. You went through your bag searching every inch of the bag. And there it was. You pulled out a beautiful golden ring. You dig a small hole just beside the stone, kissing the ring as you burry it in the ground. Looking up at the morning sky.

"Was that?" Loki mumbles.

"He never asked, he gave it to me after our fight that night. He was gonna propose" you say sadly. "You know we talked about running off. Starting a new life somewhere." You explain. "I'm sorry I don't why I'm telling you this"

"No keep going, you can tell me."

Loki sits down next to you on the grass.

"I was not as in love with him as he was with me. He often talked about kids. And marriage. He had our entire future planned out." You continue. "I never wanted any of that, Not until now at least"

Loki looks at you with a big smile on his lips. "You do?" He asks.

"I do, in under a month we're gonna be married. We could get our own place. A small cabin like my parents did." You get butterflies just from the thought of it.

"What else?"

"I don't know, maybe we could have kids.. perhaps it's crazy bu-"

"Kids?" Loki lights up. "I can't wait to have a mini you walking around"

"Yeah it's probably gonna be a mischievous little witch" you smirk.

"I can already imagine all the trouble it could accomplish with my help" he chuckles.

"I'm so in love with you, and thank you for all this." You say looking back at Steve's grave. "I really don't deserve you"

"Y/n you are the most beautiful, outstanding, smart person I've ever encountered."

"Don't I can't take it"

"Deal with it, because I'll tell you till the day I die"