X.

BABY MAMA.
[ CHAPTER TEN ]

Jayde was nine weeks and two days into her pregnancy and there was now a small bump growing in the middle of her belly

Jayde was nine weeks and two days into her pregnancy and there was now a small bump growing in the middle of her belly. It wasn't that noticeable unless someone was looking for it or when she wore clothes that didn't cling to her body which she was kind of glad about.

Today, she had planned on inviting her parents over to tell them about her pregnancy. At first she didn't want to but Sabrina had convinced her to and now they were on their way over. Jayde didn't cook or anything because she didn't plan on having them there any longer than needed.

She just wanted to tell them about the baby and that's it. She did make sure that her apartment was clean though because her mother would surely have a mouthful to say about how 'unkept' everything was.

"Alright, bubs," Jayde says, sitting on the arm of the couch. "This could either go two ways. my parents could be happy or they'll be upset. Nine times outta ten, they'll be upset. Oh well,"

A quick knock on the door is what got her attention. She got up and opened the front door, letting her parents come inside. She could already sense how this was going to go and he was immediately regretting her decision to do this. But it was better to get it over with now.

"Hello, Jayde," Regina, her mother, says, sitting on the couch with her husband.

"Hi," Jayde says, no emotion in her voice. "This is uncomfortable for all of us, more me than you so I'll just go on and get this over with,"

Regina purses her lips into a straight line, nodding her head as a signal for her daughter to go on.

"I'm pregnant. Nine weeks as of Monday," Jayde says. "Here's a picture of my most recent ultrasound," She says handing her parents each a sonogram.

Regina was the first to say something.

"T-this — this is some sort of joke right?" She asks, placing the photo on the coffee table in front of her, not wanting to look at it any longer.

"No, it's not a joke. i'm actually pregnant as you can see in the photo I gave you. there's also the bump in my stomach that's more of a physical proof for you," Jayde says, rolling her eyes.

"You're not ready for a child, Jayde. you're still a child yourself," Anthony says, Regina nodding in agreement.

"I am twenty - one years old. I am an adult. You cant tell me if I'm ready or not for a child," Jayde says, scoffing at her step fathers statement.