chapter twenty two

Start from the beginning

"Yo? What the fuck happening?" They heard, making them look into the hallway to see Ra.

"Moved too dumb bro, take these and put em somewhere safe. They finna take me."

Brat walked out to hear them talk while her phone kept ringing; finally answering, she saw both her mom and dad looking worried.

"What's going on, baby? We're about to book our flights."

"Mommy, no don't be crazy. We'll be fine."

She heard knocking on the door again, sighing as the same white man holding a paper.

"We have a warrant for the arrest of Blaire Thornton." He damn near shoved the paper in her face as he tried to walk in.

"You said the warrant of his arrest, not a warrant to search his place. He'll be going willingly, back up."

"Do you want to go with him for tampering an investigation young lady? Your baby dad will never be back to his hood again."

"You want me to be pregnant so bad." Brat laughed. "My dad is a lawyer, and he's on the phone recording everything you're saying-"

"You think I give a fuck? Arrest her too!"

"Blaire!" Brat yelled.

"Baby, you and Blaire don't say anything! We'll be there as soon as we can! We'll call a lawyer to be down with you and Blaire, don't say anything! You or Blaire."

"Why the fuck are you putting her in cuffs?" Blaire asked, balling his fist up about to swing.

"Don't you dare give them a reason." Brat looked at him. "You don't have to put either of us in cuffs; we're going."

"Let me call someone to watch my house," Blaire said picking up his phone. "Yo? I'm finna get bagged, come through so they don't go through my shit without a warrant."

"I just passed your block; let me reverse," Devon said, making an illegal U-turn.

He pulled up within ten seconds, got out of the car, looked at Blaire, and shook his head, but when he saw Brat, he was about to lose his mind.

"What the fuck y'all got my little sister in handcuffs for?" He asked, getting in front of Brat, stopping everything.

"Who the fuck are you?" The detective asked.

"Devon Russell, Captain of firehouse 51." He said proudly, making the cops look at each other.

"She's under arrest for obstruction of justice."

"Y'all tripping, Brat-"

"It's fine, my mother already called a lawyer, and they already got a flight. I'm good." Brat reassured since she knew the look on his face.

"Let me take a picture of y'all," Devon said taking multiple pictures and videos. "When I see my brother and sister they better look exactly like these pictures. Not naan scratch."

"Take em to the car."

Brat looked at Blaire, who was already looking at her; he mumbled he loved her, making her nod her head as the cop pushed her into the car. He looked back at Devon seeing he was looking at both, he sighed getting in the car.

~

"Oh my fucking God." Indigo sat up covering her mouth as tears came to her eyes. "No way."

She ran out of the bed, going downstairs, where she heard voices trying to stop the tears from her face; Genesis was the first to look at her furrowing her eyebrows.