Bachelorette party - chapter 52 ४

Start from the beginning

"So what happened to small and intimate?" You question as you take a seat at the bar.

"You're very welcome, it's been a long time since I've seen you all dressed up" she says pouring you a drink.

"Yeah well, I didn't get an invite to hydras big parties" you say awkwardly, already regretting you said anything.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine, have you heard from Steve lately?" You ask. She goes completely silent, looking down at the ground. "Nat?"

"We wanted to wait, there was never really a good time"

The realization hits you, and it feels as though all the air was sucked out of your lungs.

"When did he?"

"A couple of days after hydra got you"

"How did it happen?" You murmur, but there's a large lump in your throat.

"The doctors say he passed away in his sleep"

"Wow okay" you say emptying the drink in your hand. "I might need another one of these.

"I'm so sorry, please try not to think about it"

"Was there a funeral?" you ask sadly.

"We attended the day before your attack on the compound"

You quickly empty the other drink, just as fast as she made it. You can't find any words to say. The first love of your life is gone, and you didn't get to say goodbye.

"You should have told me"

"I know, we were just afraid yo-"

"That I'd go rouge?" You spit. "I need some air." You grab a bottle of wine, making your way out to the balcony, finding a place where no one can see you. You look up at the sky. You're not sad you're just angry. They should have told you. You should have been there. You sit down letting your feet dangle free. As you take a giant sip straight from the bottle.

"Min elskede?"

"Not right now Loki" you say coldly, you don't even know how he found you, but then again, closing off your mind was the least of your worries. He sits down next to you, taking the bottle out of your hands. It was almost half empty already.

"What is troubling you?"

"Did you know?" You hiss. "Did you know Steve died?"

"I did" he says quietly, his worried about you. This wasn't how you were supposed to find out.

"Leave, I don't want to see anyone right now" You whisper beneath your breath. "I said leave" you start pushing him away.. but he stays beside you. Grabbing onto your hands. You let your head rest on his chest. You don't want to cry, not tonight.

"I'm right here" he whispers, gently stroking your hair. "I'm not going anywhere."

"I didn't get to say goodbye" you quietly sob.

"I know, but he loved you so much, it wouldn't have been easier"

"That's why Bucky was so mad at me.. He knew Steve was dead, and he didn't tell me" you yell. "Why does everybody treat me like I'm made of glass, like I'm gonna break."

"He was actually the one that wanted us to keep it a secret. He was afraid it would slow down your healing process" Loki explains. "I know it's not the time, but my darling you look absolutely ravishing" he smiles.

"Thank you, now will you please let me finish that bottle so I can go back inside?" You plead.

Loki sadly hands you the bottle, you take a deep breath taking another big sip.

"Now this is your party, go enjoy it"

"It's our party, I won't enjoy it without you.."

Loki grabs you hand helping you back up on your feet, as you both walk back into the party. The first few hours you find it hard to enjoy yourself. But after a few more drinks the alcohol starts kicking in. And people start to leave. At 1 am, there's only important people left. The ones you truly care about. You're seated in the common area, playing truth or dare. As boring as it sounds, with the avengers it can't be boring. You notice Peter sleeping in corner on a couch. Guess it's past his bedtime.

"Let's give a toast to the most beautiful couple, my troublesome brother, and the beautiful lady y/n" Thor says raising as glass. Everyone cheers raising their glasses

"Thank you everyone" you smile, you can't even remember why you were sad before, as you sit with Loki, and your entire family.

"You two definitely make an odd match, but I'm happy for you" Clint says.

"I'll still mess you up if you hurt her reindeer games" Tony scoffs.

" oh I'd like to see you try Tony, I know you care about him" you chuckle. Tony had definitely warmed up to Loki while you were gone. Whatever had happened between then you were just glad it did. Losing you has brought the two of them together.

" I think that means it's time for the big brother's speech" Nat grins.

"Oh yeah that, I definitely prepared that" Tony chuckles. As he stand up, raising his glass. "Alright here it comes, y/n... mischief, I've never seen anyone love each other the way you do. It's both beautiful yet extremely gross when you flaunt it all over the compound. Please get a house far way, you're very loud at night"

You raise your eyebrow, waiting for him to finish, but that was the end of the speech. Natasha takes a big sip of her drink, trying not laugh, Maria looks at Tony with a slightly disgusted smile.

"Awe Tony you've always had a way with words" you sigh. Loki chuckles quietly beside you. "What?" You laugh.

"He's not wrong about the last part" he says quietly.

Thor looks at him, clearly not pleased to hear about his brothers sex life. "I didn't want to know that"

"Yeah well none of us do, yet we still hear it every single night" Tony adds.

You hide yourself behind Loki, it's not exactly your biggest dream.

"Oh that's all y/n you can hear" Loki smirks. Everyone sits quietly looking at you.

"Alright I think everyone gets it, now please change the subject" you plead.

"I don't know I think it's quite funny" Thor claims.

"Yeah good laugh, Nat where's Wanda?" You ask to try to change the subject to literally anything else in the world.

"She just had to get something" she smirks.

"I've had enough surprises for one night" you chuckle nervously.

"That's too bad, I had something quite special planned for tonight" Loki teases.

Tony gets up, chugging his beer. "Alright that's enough information for me for one night! Don't ruin anything" he smirks, before walking off.

"I love you guys" you say, as you raise a toast.

"To all of us making it, to see y/n get married" Clint cheers.

Your expression quickly softens. "Not all of us made it" you say sadly, thinking of Steve.

Steve didn't make it to your wedding.