November 12, 2021

It was a naturally cold day, I would have liked it but the wind seemed to slice into every part of my face. I was not thrilled to have to walk home in the midwestern snow from my work, but all the power was gone and it was only about a mile away. I threw on my coat and began my expedition trudging through the cold white storm.

I was undeniably not a happy-camper but you couldn't see that from under my parka. And when just for the sake of testing my karma I remarked about how my day could get no more retrogressive, I slipped and fell on ice.

Getting up from my sedentary state was a rather diligent task to complete but I did make it happen.

Once I had gotten home, I remecensed about the fact that it would not be any warmer inside, owing to the fact that there was zero electricity in this negligible town.

I went into my kitchen still being able to see my breaths as I walked. I ferreted around my pantry to find something to fill my body with warmth, and then like an omen sent from above, in the back of the pantry hiding in the dark cobwebs and dust gleamed a can of alphabet soup.

I popped open the can not even noticing that the can had reached its prime when I was ten years old. I dumped its contents out into a bowl and before finishing I gave it a reassuring shake to make sure every last morsel of food was being consumed.

I fiddled with the gas stove that was installed for dire situations of hunger such as this. I shivered when I felt the warm waves of heat come towards my skin.

I converted the bowl onto the burner and waited for the soup to start bubbling. I walked away to tend to some other things and when I came back I was flabbergasted to see that the soup had formed to make a sentence.

At first I felt as if this was some sick tease that was being pulled, but after 3 seconds of deep thought all the ways that could work were ruled out. My eyes dynamically shifted along to scan the text.... Wait was the soup giving me advice.

"Don't worry about fitting in" The soup had sprawled out among its thin red base. This was obviously some curious advice to give to a middle aged person. When I was a child, however, I cut my hair into a mullet to be "fashionable and cool" turns out, the next day, the mullets were ugly. Maybe the whole fitting in advice would have been better back then I thought.

The energized soup began cryptically moving around again but honestly magic or not, I could not wait to just dig into the warm steamy dish.

I dipped my spoon in but the metal melted onto my hand painfully for some reason though it did not hurt as bad as I presumed it would.

"Don't give into peer pressure" the soup spat out almost as a personal insult to myself. In middle school I had gone to a party I should have NOT been at and I got caught by the police.

The soup began to shift around again however I did not dare touch that spoon.

"Look out behind you"

You better bet I turned around very very fast.

A shadowy figure scaled the walls flashing its gleamy sharp teeth that resembled closely the snow outside. It hissed and bared its teeth at me hoping it would deviate me off. Oh did I mention its plan worked, I was out faster than a white woman departing an airplane.

Before I could call for help I was consumed by its darkness where I fell for the rest of eternity in a dark pit. Still I have no clues as to why and or how I'm simply falling into the abyss.