{Chapter Nineteen}

_____Smoke, fire, it's all going up/ don't you know I ain't afraid to shed a little blood Smoke, fire, flares are going up, flares are going up/ Oh, won't wave my white flag no - White Flag (Bishop Briggs) _____

_____
Smoke, fire, it's all going up/ don't you know I ain't afraid to shed a little blood
Smoke, fire, flares are going up, flares are going up/ Oh, won't wave my white flag no
- White Flag (Bishop Briggs)
_____

SCENES FROM CAMP

AFTER DINNER THAT NIGHT, Arya went and talked to Annabeth, trying to convince her that Rachel was going to be their best option. When Annabeth still wasn't on board, Arya called her out on her not so subtle jealousy, and Annabeth looked more than offended. Arya took the time to point out the signs and eventually Annabeth agreed. Safe to say they were the last ones left in the dinner pavilion by a few hours.

"I'm not going to be happy about it." She grumbled, giving into the older girl across from her

"You don't have to be. Just try not to take it out on Percy unjustly."

Arya's friends all welcomed her back to the land of the living, they all seemed more than happy to have her back. Charles above all, and that night that sat around the campfire and took the time to truly fill her in on everything that had been happening while she was out of commission.

That night in the cabin Percy filled in the holes about Calypso's island to her, and Arya filled Percy in about what really happened on her visits to Luke, barring the kissing, including the blood control. Percy didn't look as horrified as she was expecting.

"That would have been nice to know back when Gabe was around." Percy hummed to himself.

"The only person I might have used it on was Tantalus." Arya said, shivering at even the name of the camp director three years ago that abused Arya when she stepped out of line.

Both siblings shared a look of understanding with each other and simultaneously nodded there heads in agreement. Had Arya known what Gabe had done to Sally and Percy she would have put her spear through his neck without hesitation, and feel no remorse about it. Had Percy seen what was going on with Arya and Tantalus sooner he would have intervened, refused to let him even look at her. He would have gone to the gods himself and commanded his removal.

"You could probably learn to control it, you know," Percy suggested.

Arya shook her head. "Yeah I could, but I'm not willing to risk hurting someone in order to try. There are plenty of other ways to get what I want."

"Well if you even think you want to try. I'd be more than happy to help you learn."

The next morning Percy was getting ready to pick up Rachel when he told her about his dream with Daedalus and how he entered back in the maze with plans to never die. Percy also told her about the Luke dream where he said Quintes would come through with the way through the maze, and that they found a lone camper wandering the Maze.