2 • 110 • 122

Mulai dari awal

That was the first time I saw her.

"Really, where are the people who are responsible to take care of my new little brother?"

Her long blue hair was just like the blue river flowing and reached her waist. Those blue eyes were the eyes of a predator.  Her skin looked rather pale and she was dressed in blue dress that was stained with blood... along with the silver and well- designed dagger.

'B- blood?!'

The first time I saw her, I was very scared and terrified.

Who wouldn't be terrified to see a girl walking towards him while holding a bloody dagger?

'Is she here to murder me? But I haven't done anything yet aside from crying. Where have I offended this psycho?'

She looked at me rather... arrogantly. She stared at me several moments that it made me wonder what she was thinking. I could only guess, since her stoic pretty face only told me that she was observing me.

'Will she be cruel enough to kill an adorable baby like me?'

But to be honest, I didn't sense any hostility from her. Those predatory eyes just looked at me with... pure curiosity. Just like Charlotte's always- curious- eyes but more dangerous. And I didn't look away. Somehow, I couldn't look away from those curious but cold and lifeless eyes. I didn't have that courage.

"So......... you are my new little brother....?"

I knew she was saying something but I couldn't understand her words. The language was so foreign... just like her dress. Seeing her dress that was stained with blood, I couldn't help but to shiver.

"You are so small. How are you going to defend yourself from assassins and enemies?" She asked and poked my cheek.

"......"

'......Are you kidding me?'

My veins popped as I glared at her. She wasn't intimidated at all. Rather, she continued to touch my cheek and even played with my little and small hands.

'Are you bullying me just because I couldn't fight back? Wait until I get older!'

I didn't know who this person was but when she looked at me, somehow her gaze had softened. Her eyes became more gentle which kind of surprised me.

Honestly, if she smiled more, she'll look more beautiful.

'....... what am I thinking? She's a freaking killer for heaven's sake. I'll get killed if I make a wrong move. And from the start until now... she has been teasing me with her bloody and dirty hands.'

"Altaira... mother names you with that name, wishing that you could soar on the sky... while my name means the cloud itself."

I tried to slap her hand away but seeing how she smiled and chuckled, she must be thinking that I'm playing with her.

"The cloud and the bird... I wonder whether you and I will get along or not."

'Put your hands away! Wash them first! Do you think it's alright to touch a baby with bloody hands? How unhygienic!

Even a tigress won't eat its own cubs.

In the eyes of others, she was that heartless and ambitious villainess who would use all kinds of methods and manipulate everyone for her selfish desires,

But I know that they viewed her like that because they envied and misunderstood her.

Beneath the aloof and cold eyes of predator,