Out of nowhere.

Before I could withdraw the accidentally slip, he had whipped his head up so fast.

I expected him to speed away since we'd known each other for a couple of days. Except, he made everything possible. The creator of my dreams.

Since the next second, I was crushed into his arms. His strong embrace engulfing me.

I gasped at the comfort, the sudden ease off my shoulders. His face buried in my hair as my arms hesitantly came around him, head against his face. The rapid pace of his heart pummelled in my ear. And I noticed, for the first time, that his cologne had a mix of chocolate mint ice cream.

An odd but good smell.

I never wanted to be let go. Not by him.

"I need you to promise me something."

"Promise what?"

Logan placed a gentle kiss on my neck. "Promise me you will stay away from Jackson."

"Okay, but why?"

Why does he want me to do that? What could he have against him? What does he know?

My silly question made him pull away a little. I almost screamed at myself. I desired to be back in his hold and remove that cold look off his face. He put his hands on my shoulders, all tense and serious. "He's not a good guy. I can't explain it right now, but he hurts people. Trust me, you don't ever want to be around him. I don't want him around you. Do you understand?"

At that moment, I understood he wanted to keep me safe.

"I promise. I will stay away from him."

"Okay, thank you." He exhaled and rested our foreheads together.

Logan's hand hung by his side and I took the initiative. I moved just enough until our hands touched. Then I wrapped my pinky finger around his.

A small smile sat on his lips.

And it was then that I realized I didn't want us to end. Whatever there was between us, I wanted it to continue. He was the person who crushed every bad feeling and blossomed the good. He'd risen the old, happy feelings that'd gotten lost in the process of being hurt.

I needed him and I figured he was worth taking the risk.

***

Love brings with it all bounds of torture. Let it be emotional or physical, but at one point, you'll feel drained.

I expected it to happen with Logan instantly. But I never expected him to be such an easy person to be around. When we had our movie nights, he smoothly put an arm around me, make a tension-breaking joke when we ran out of things to say, so it was smooth sailing from then on, he held my hand whenever I got stuck on a question with homework or immediately got into action on how he could possibly help. Whenever I didn't enjoy talking about a particular topic, he switched it so easily.

It was easy to fall for him.

But no love can be smooth-sailing, and we already had our obstacles. Take it for example the notes and my hesitance for physical touch. Any public affection was out of the question. Logan didn't like that. He seemed like the type of boy who wanted to show me off to the world.

Other than that, it was good. Perfect.

Thursday had started off on a roll of sunshine since Ned wasn't in a sour mood, no comments from him, Zoe chatted away about her crush on Sebastian Hart, and Logan texting me good morning. But sunshine always diminishes and night takes place.