23. Me

JIMIN'S POV

I really hated attending parties with my father but he insisted a lot. He agreed to never bother me again if I for once came here. Well, his reputation was at sake. He wanted to show people how much of a good father he was. He was but his traits of alcoholism and bringing different girls of around my age was horrible.

But here I was. Getting the biggest of my life. The mischievous girl was not so mischievous now. It made sense, every puzzle piece was matching like it was meant to be arranged this way.

Like the rumours stated how the heiress was one of a kind, totally opposite of the girl I used to sit next to, was standing before me. I wondered why her duality was indescribable.

Her eyes blinked, staring me with astonishment. Perhaps she didn't expected me to be attending this. However, the live broadcast on national television would have spread the news of  this announcement throughout the country.

"Hi, Y/N. We met again." I extended my hand and she did a handshake after coming back from her daydream. She was confused and rather wanted to run away but I was gripping tight on her sweaty palms. "Never knew you were a Yoon, not a Kim."

She pulled her hand and slightly curve up her lips to answer. "Can a surname define me as a person? No. Few things awaits for the right time, Mr. Park."

Mr. Yoon let out a chuckle and said,"Why don't you guys go for a chat? In future, you will have a lot of interaction for business purposes."

"He is right, Jimin. You both are the future CEOs of the labelled companies and good relationships between you two would bring profitable credits."

"Shall we?" I bobbed my head and she nodded to accompany me to backyard. The night was cold as we walked in utter silence. She fiddled her fingers then said," So, you're gonna handle the CEO position?"

I shrugged my shoulder and looked at her."Yeah, same as you. You inherited everything at once while all left for me was to take over."

"Didn't thought a boy with good sketches would be so interested in business."

"Huh! Says a girl who was unnoticed." I bumped my shoulders with her and she bumped it back. "Says a boy who was a heartbreaker." She walked ahead with a chuckle that made me poke my cheeks. I chased her and whirled her around. Leaning closer our nose brushed when I said,"I'm that type of person who will not ruin your mascara but lipstick."

I couldn't help but flirt. She looked breathtaking and she had a pure heart. She saved my life, to be mentioned. She pushed me in a hurry with a blush and said," Are you crazy? What if we get spotted? We are surrounded by press and what if they think we are engaged?"

"Then let them. First, no one have an access to roam the backyard except your family and as an exception, for tonight."

"I should book an appointment for you to Korea's best psychiatrist." She shook her head, watching me smiling like an idiot. She turned around to go back but I called her to stop. She did when I blocked her way and pierced into her soul through eyes.

"Do you remember that night Y/N? A night where you helped me." Her eyes widened and pupils dilated. She started showing teh signs of lying as she averted her gaze and tried to walk away. She said," I don't know what you are talking about. Let's go back." She trued to dodge the question but I held her wrist, gentle yet firm.

"The night I was taking my last breath and a girl in white canvas saved me. She took me to hospital and gave me another life. I owe her a lot. She's another reason for me to live."