Chapter 5: Part 1

Start from the beginning

It would take her awhile for some famous to actually step foot through the doors at her restaurant than to just do the Christmas party at P & J and have them tell their celebrity clients about Versatile Kitchen. So she just woke Angelo up and told him to put on his good suit and be ready in thirty minutes. Nathan wasn't going to try anything slick if she had someone else in the room with him. Tara didn't trust him in a room alone at all.

"Because I was under the impression that this was a private party," she answered him.

"Once a year of course, P & J host a Christmas Party," Nathan began. "For their clients, non-clients, families, and celebrities that don't play a sport. From Denzel Washington to Khloe Kardashian. Our parties are what you can say, our 'rituals'."

"So did you guy sent out invitations?" Angelo chimed in.

"P & J Sports Agency does not send out invitations," he told them. "Everyone knows when we will have our party so they already set their schedules around it."

Tara closed her eyes. "So you're telling me that you don't know exactly how many people will be attending this extravaganza."

Nathan sat back in his chair and thought about it. "Well, when you put it that way, no," he laughed. "Is that going to be a problem Ms. Evans because I can get another restaurant to-"

"No!" Tara practically yelled. "That won't be necessary."

He nodded. "We'll let's get started."

The three began their meeting for the Christmas party and after almost an hour and a half, they were getting nowhere. Nathan purposely didn't agree with whatever Tara proposed and whenever Angelo began to voice his opinions, Nathan would rudely dismiss them. From the decorations to the type of food that was going to be served. They came to dead ends every time. Would it be a elegant sit down dinner, or would people be a free mingling dinner?

Well, Tara had no idea because the bastard in front of him was giving them nothing in return. She finally told him they would get back to whatever they were arguing about and start with what kind of food would be served. When she handed him a seafood menu, he threw it back at her.

"My father is allergic to seafood," he huffed.

Her hand was itching and all she wanted to do was slap Nathan across the face one good time. When she handed him another menu, he shook his head and placed it back on the table.

"We're not getting anywhere," Nathan said.

'No shit Sherlock,' Tara thought.

"Maybe we should do this another time," he suggested. "Perhaps over dinner?"

"I have to lock up the restaurant tonight, but Tara would be able to go," Angelo spoke.

Nathan looked at him then back at Tara. He wasn't inviting the man anyways. Just wanting to get Tara alone and away from him. They would discuss the party but that would only be one-fourth of their conversation.

Tonight was definitely the night that Tara will go home with him. He had that certain feeling that it would absolutely sure of it.

"That's fine," he told Angelo. He glanced at Tara and stood up. "I'll pick you up at eight o'clock tonight."

Angelo and Tara followed his lead and stood up as well. She didn't even have a chance to deny his offer to dinner because she already knew why he wanted her alone. So Tara just gathered her things and kept quiet until she felt an a touch on her elbow.

"I have to get back to the kitchen," he explained. "I'll see you later on this evening?"

Nodding, she watched him shake hands with Nathan and exit. Going back to the task at hand, Tara shoved her notebook in her briefcase when she felt breathing on her neck. Knowing that it was Nathan, she tried to contain herself and stay professional until his lips graze her. Tara flinched to the side away from him with her eyes wide as she looked over her shoulder.

"What the hell are you doing?" She asked, just above a whisper.

Lucky enough that the conference room was not surrounded by see through glass walls, she still had to get herself together. Tara wanted to move away from him but he trapped her in against the table.

"I see you came to your senses and agree to my proposition," he murmured in her ear.

She shook her head in disagreement. "I did not, this is just business."

"Bullshit," he croaked. "If that was the case, then you would have stood by your word and not show up. Your a smart woman Tara and I know you could have went to a different company to get your restaurant the publicity it needs. So spare me with the, 'I only came for the sake of Versatile."

Nathan pushed off her, giving Tara the chance to grab her briefcase and briskly, walked to the door.

"Tara," Nathan stopped her just as she reached for the doorknob. Watching her intently, Nathan saw her body go tense as she turned around. "I'll see you at eight," he winked at her.

That was a sign of him dismissing her and she took the hint and walked out the door. A huge smile was now develop on his face. The anticipation was killing him and it wasn't because of dinner. It was because of what was going to happened after dinner.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE READ!!

A/N: I hope you guys like it. Didn't have time to write it up and give it to you earlier but you have it now but just Part 1. Part 2 will be up sometime next week, not sure.

I really need you guys to comment because it helps me to right more. You might not understand but it actually does!

Please please comment.

Vote

&& Fan

~Vicky xoxo