Chapter 7

Since this is a late update, I decided to make the chapter a lot longer than usual.

Estelle's POV:

Faint voices.

That's the first thing I could hear as I started to open my eyes, the lights momentarily blinding me.

"She's awake. Dim the lights." A deep voice that sends shivers down my back says. What?

The lights dim slightly, making my eyes hurt less. When I take in my surroundings, I see a woman, dressed as a doctor and two muscular men with gentle, green eyes, filled with adoration and relief, looking at me. My gaze rests on the two men for a little longer, my body liking the shivers down my back and the butterflies in my stomach before realisation hits me on who these men are, only to be confirmed by Addy.

"Mates."

My mates. My two hot mates. My two alpha mates, judging by how tall they are and the power and authority that oozes off from them. And I ran away from them.

I decide to start trying to explain. I knew what they must have been thinking, I mean I ran away from them. Me. Their mate. To them, it was basically saying that I was rejecting them and I definitely wasn't. I always dreamed of having a mate, someone who would help heal my pain and protect me and even though I always thought that I wouldn't find my mate, I made a promise to myself that if I ever did, I would give my mate a chance, to let him help heal me. And now I have two.

"Could you plea-." One of my mates, with dark brown hair, says, while the doctor decides to leave, knowing that this was a conversation not meant for her ears, before assuring me that my mates won't hurt me and that she will come back when the conversation is over.

"I know what you must be thinking but before I explain, I want you both to know that I most definitely are not rejecting you." I say, registering the look of relief on their faces as they both decide to sit in the chairs next to my bed.

"I know you both want answers so I will tell you as much as possible but there might be some stuff that I don't want to tell you yet."

"That's ok. Could you please tell us your name?" The dark, brown haired mate of mine says.

"I'm Estelle. What yours?"

"I'm Phoenix and this is my twin brother Asher."

"Wait...as in the Alpha Kings."

"Yes. Is that ok?" Asher says.

"Yeah. I'm just a bit shocked. I know you have plenty of questions so ask away."

"We saw the cuts and bruises on you. Did you think that we were going to hurt you? Is that why you ran?" Asher says.

"Yes. As soon as I realised that you were my mates, I was really happy. But then I realised that you were both alphas and that really scared me. I've had a lot of experience with alphas, who are all tyrants and love having people fear them. I thought that you were like them which was why I ran. Because even though I didn't fear the alphas themselves, I feared what they could do because I knew what they could do and their punishments. I thought that even though I was your mate, since I was a rogue, I thought that you would still punish me." I say. Even though I haven't told them everything, more specifically how much of a tyrant my ex-alpha was, I did feel like some weight had been lifted of my shoulders.

"We would never hurt you, rogue or not." Phoenix says.

***

Phoenix and Asher carried on asking me more questions, more specifically what my ex-pack did to me (Asher especially demanding what the name of the pack was which I never gave), since they already guessed that I had been abused by my ex-pack. I told them that I wasn't ready to tell them and being the understanding mates that they were, didn't push me on the subject so instead we moved on to much lighter topics, both of them shooting questions at me, not even giving me a chance to answer. Rude.

"Favourite colour."

"Favourite food."

"Favourite movie."

"Most embarrassing memory."

"Most happiest memory."

"Ideal first date."

"Ok. Ok. You're not even giving me a chance to answer. My favourite colour was turquoise but is now green, my favourite food is ice cream - don't even think about arguing with me on that, dessert counts as food - I'm not really sure what my favourite movie is because I haven't seen many but if I have to say, probably the Harry Potter franchise. Whenever I was upset, I'd always watch the franchise on my best friend's tv in her room." I reply, my voice filled with laughter, my mates looking at me like they've won the lottery. I feel so comfortable around them. I don't remember the last time i laughed like that. I've only ever laughed when I was with Sephy.

"As for my most embarrassing memory, well, it's embarrassing for a reason and so must stay a secret to avoid being a laughing stock. As for my most happiest memory...a teddy bear that my best friend gave to me as a birthday present when we first met. She was the only one who cared about me and when she gave me that teddy bear, I knew that it was her way of saying that she cared and would always love me and be there for me." My voice starts to get filled with sadness as I think about Sephy, wondering what was happening with her.

"Would you like to get some more sleep?" Phoenix says.

"Yes please. Is it ok if I'm alone?"

"Whatever you want, our queen. If you need to talk to us, just let one of the doctors or nurses know and they will mind link us. We'll be back in the morning."

Asher and Phoenix get up off their chairs and walk towards the door, before saying:

"Good night gorgeous."

"Night."

Shortly after they left, my eyes started to droop as sleep took over me, with one last thought.

The doctor never came back.