Chapter 4

Estelle's POV:

Run.

That's all that was on our mind as me and Addy ran towards the line of the pack territory, towards freedom. We could hear numerous growls and thundering paws behind us. But one growl is clear through it all. His.

The alpha's.

Fear ripples through me, like a hurricane as I though about what happened in the cell.

Esty, don't be scared. He can't hurt us. I won't let him. We're strong. Just focus on running."

So that's what I do. I shove the fear away.

We're a foot away from the pack territory, the growls increasing every second...but they don't scare us.

***

Just keep moving.

Addy finally gave me back control. I'm still in my wolf form as I collapse in exhaustion, leaning against a tree. It's been a few days and constant running, making sure that we don't cross a pack's territory (due to us now being rogues) since me and Addy have escaped from our pack. Ex-pack.

I look around, not recognising my surroundings. Just trees.

"Addy, do you know where we are?" I say in our mind link.

"No bu-"

Thundering paws and growls interrupt Addy, getting louder by the second. Shit. We've crossed someone's territory. I let Addy take control and we run.

"Esty, I have this nervous feeling, like butterflies in my stomach. This feels wrong."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean running from them. They feel like home."

I don't get time to reply because just then about ten wolves surrounded us, growling ferociously at us. They looked like pack warriors judging by how tall and strong they looked. Seeing that we are outnumbered, Addy gives me back control.

Asher's POV (one of Estelle's mates):

"Hey, do you hear that? Our pack warriors are growling." My twin brother Phoenix says to me in our mind link as we're on our run of the territory. I move my ears towards the sound coming from the north side of the territory, hearing angry growls, confirming what my brother was saying.

"It's most likely a rogue. Why else would they be growling like that? Let's go check it out since we're already near the north side."

As Phoenix and I get closer to our pack warriors, my wolf Rainier starts to stir in my head, getting anxious and trying to take control. I look over at Phoenix, who is, like me, trying to keep control of his wolf.

"Our wolves trying to take control like this means only one thing. Our-" I say, Phoenix cutting me off.

"-mate is near."

And with that, we run even faster towards the growls, both knowing that our mate is most likely the person our pack warriors are growling at.

Phoenix's POV:

What felt like hours but was actually seconds, Asher and I reach the pack warriors, the smell of our mate so strong. We couldn't see her though, our head pack warrior, Zach, blocking the sight of her.

"Someone wants to die tonight." My wolf Arius growls in our mind link.

"Zach, what seems to be the problem?" Asher says, slight irritation in his voice.

"We caught this she-wolf trespassing on the territory."

He turns his body around, giving both me and Asher a clear view of the she-wolf, who locks eyes with both of us, our wolves confirming what we already suspected. That she was our mate.

"She's beautiful." We both say.

Estelle's POV:

Addy starts to try and take control as two wolves came towards us. Even though I couldn't see them, judging by how the pack warriors submitted to them, I could guess that one of the wolves was the alpha and the other was probably the beta, which was strange because both wolves emitted the same power and authority. I look at the wolf in front of me, his blue eyes looking dazed, indicating that he was mind linking someone.

Just then he moves, giving me a clear sight of the two wolves that just came. Both wolves coated with black fur, their eyes...their eyes, so green causing me to get lost in them that I almost didn't hear my wolf say "mate".

My mate.

No wait.

Mates.

Oh shit.

I have two mates.

No scratch that.

I have two alpha mates.

Oh double shit.

So I did the only thing that made sense to me at the time. I ran, my wolf growling at me for leaving our mates but understanding why I was.

Running seems to be my new favourite hobby lately.

The Hidden Truth - werewolf storyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara