Chapter 6

Phoenix's POV:

"I wa...was sc...scared." Our beautiful mate says before collapsing, Arius whimpering when she said those words. My fast reflexes enabled me to catch her before she hit the ground, cradling her to my chest.

I turned towards my brother, his face mirroring mine, filled with shock and confusion and then anger because clearly something bad has happened to make our mate this scared.

"Let's get her in the pack house before she freezes. I've already linked Ansley to meet us there." She was only wearing a cut up shirt, covered with dirt and mud. I could see cuts and faint bruises, making my anger reach a level I never knew I had.

As we both walked to the pack house, our warriors already back on their patrols, neither of us said a word. We didn't know what to say. Here was our mate, our gorgeous and tiny mate, in my arms, her head resting in the crook of my neck, and the first words we heard her say was 'I was scared'. Of us. We didn't even know her name but I know it's a beautiful one.

By the time we reached the pack house, Ansley, one of our pack doctor, was already there, waiting to treat our mate.

"Treat her carefully." My brother says, anger still slightly evident in his voice but I knew it wasn't directed towards Ansley but towards whoever hurt our mate. I knew my brother was already thinking about the different scenarios on how he was going to torture and kill our mate's abusers (being the violent and scary twin that he is), just as I was (even though I wouldn't usually opt for violence).

Once our mate opened up to us, we were going to give her abusers a very painful and long death.

"This is our Luna. Of course I will, Alphas."

Sorry for the late update. I've been doing a lot of assignments lately. I'll try to update the next chapter within the next week.