finale

___

finale

12th May, 2027

LEE SI WOO could swear that she was done with her job. A psychologist's job is never easy. Listening to everyone's problems and suggesting a solution was becoming her own problem. Working overtime was also a headache.

The decision to pursue this degree threw her in the middle of a highly competitive field. It took her entire youth to reach where she was now. South Korea was being more attentive to mental health and there were an increasing number of campaigns where people like her were supposed to participate in.

The new head psychiatrist, Mrs. Cha was a strict lady. She was making the lives of the others a living hell. Mrs. Nam, the old supervisor was so much better. She used to make sure that everyone was doing fine and not too occupied with their shifts and schedules. National holidays were the only days she looked forward to, genuinely.

She was taking rounds of the chamber aimlessly. It was time for lunch break and she was close to order some junk food for herself. She was supposed to be on diet because of her PCOD. It was honestly hard to follow what the doctor had said but it warmed her heart to notice that only health related issues caused people to maintain a fixed weight. Body positivity had gotten the best of the world over the decade and she couldn't have asked for anything more.

She had a stable job. She had a family to provide for. She had enough bank balance too. However, there was always an unsatisfaction that reigned in her heart. She always felt the need of a person she could open her heart to.

She wasn't even dating. Her life was like a circle. Eat, sleep and work. Go to the clinic and come back home.

Na Bitna had grown into a fine woman. She took pride in saying that they are best friends. She started from the scratch and had built a good name for herself. Bitna was always into cosmetics and ended up founding a brand. The brand took almost no time to gain attention in the mainstream.

Yeseul was in the last years of middle school. Being around a teenager was hectic. She was now passionate about being a professional makeup artist and her mother was not too happy about it. Bitna surely had been a driving force behind what she wished to be. Her mother often used her as an example to force her opinion of getting her into medical stuff.

Si Woo found her dream at the very last moment. Like every doctor, her reason was cliché. She wanted to save people. Mentally. Somehow, it turned out that it was easier to save people physically.

She was still a special human being. She had not used her powers for years. Now, she didn't want to upset her mother in any way. A year ago, she was diagnosed with cancer. The noodle shop was permanently closed. Si Woo forced her to, actually. Her luscious brown hair had disappeared into thin hair after the chemotherapy sessions. Surprisingly, she didn't mourn over them and tried her best to be optimistic about it.

Si Woo could see her mother trying her best to improve as a human being. Maybe, the remaining time she had was making her try her level best to be at her best behaviour. Yet, Yeseul had not managed to get her permission to pursue her dreams. Si Woo was confident that her mother would eventually give in.

She entered the cafeteria. Her caffeine addicted mind was asking for a fresh cup of coffee.

"Oh, it's you, sunbae-nim." Han Mun Yeong immediately bent herself into a nine degree bow to greet her. When she looked her, her jaw had expanded into a bright smile.