01 | dies irae

____

01

dies irae

(day of wrath)

18th February, 2016

JI HOON let out a shaky breath as the sharp knife made contact with his skin. Blood trickled down his stomach like a faucet as he tried to stop it from damaging his body even more. The old black shirt was getting soaked. His eyebrows, now knitted together couldn't help but indicate how much the wound affected him.

Confusion flitted across his face as he looked at the perpetrator. He fought back his tears as betrayal danced infront of him mercilessly. He couldn't understand why he was being tortured by none other than his best friend.

"Does it pain, Hoon? Should I be more gentle?" his honey laced rang in his eardrums causing him to look up.

He groaned as his best friend, Park Seo Woo twisted the knife with a greater force, putting up an unbothered expression on his face. His hands and feet which were tied with a strong rope had gone numb. He was kneeling down like one of their unfortunate targets. A twisted grin on Seo Woo's face and the extraordinarily silent atmosphere made him feel claustrophobic.

Looking around helplessly, he caught the others looking at him with avid interest. No one came to his rescue and released puffs of smoke from their cigarettes into the cool air. The silence from their side ate him with a vengeance. Why were they doing this to him out of all people?

"Why are you doing this to me? What's going on? Aren't we supposed to go to Hannam - Dong today?" Ji Hoon craned his neck upwards to meet his eye. His eyes twitched, failing to mask the pain he was going through.

A smirk lifted the corners of Seo Woo's chapped lips as he lifted his hands off the knife. He dusted his clothes and fixed his cap causing his trimmed silver hair to disappear from the view.

"Why don't you try to answer the question yourself? I am trying to go easy on you. You are quite the baby as compared to the others."

Ji Hoon shook his head lightly. The houseflies seemed to have signed a contract to disturb him. They wanted to sit on his sweat drenched face and he was forced to keep moving it.

"Are you offended because I led the team yesterday without your permission? Or maybe the canteen incident?" He tried to make some wild guesses while thinking about how to stop the blood that was flowing out. He had not been expecting this tragedy anytime soon.

"Pst! Those are some petty incidents. Think carefully." Seo Woo squinted his eyes at the handle of the knife, sticking out and bent down to touch it. He put some pressure on it, earning a loud gasp from the victim. He took the liberty of observing him closely. He looked as if the pain was destroying him and the sight pleased him. A sense of pleasure ran inside him and he could feel the adrenaline exciting him more.

"Fuck, stop this! Don't tell me that you are doing this for that Japanese millionaire!" hissed Ji Hoon as he blurted out his doubts.

"Aha! Finally! It should have been the first thing you have said. Why would I take these measures for those funny incidents you indirectly confessed to? I have to say that you are quite the rat for doing those."

"I should have had expected this from you all from the very beginning. It was my mistake. Didn't think you would drop so low, you bastard!"

"You should have had. You knew that we are upto no good every time. How could you think that we are going to remain allies forever?" a sardonic laugh escaped his lips as he watched him being affected of great affliction.