18

SHE SIGHED as we sat exhausted on the floor beside her desk, our backs leaning against the wooden surface. I intertwined my fingers with hers, making her look at me with that beautiful smile that's always mesmerizing, "you're beautiful," she whispered, as she gently grazed the tips of her fingers along my cheek. I pressed my lips together, as my cheeks heated up, which made her smile even wider, "you're so adorable when you're shy," she mumbled, moving her face closer to mine.

"I... um..."

She placed her index finger over my lips, "go out on a date with me," I arched a brow, but couldn't stop myself from smiling.

"Where?" I asked.

"That's for me to know, and for you to find out."

"Well then, Miss Chase," I cleared my throat, as I smoothed my crinkled shirt with the palms of my hands, "it's been a pleasure, but since we have no cases to discuss at the moment, I'll leave you to get back to your day," I gave her a cheeky grin, as she pulled herself up by gripping her desk.

"Certainly, Samantha, though I think your guidance and assistance would be pertinent to an upcoming meeting, your presence would be truly appreciated," I bit down on my bottom lip, and rubbed the palm of my hand over my chest.

"Of course, whatever I can do to be useful," I gave her a wink, "this meeting you speak of, shall I know the details so that I can fit it into my schedule?"

She sexily traced the tip of her tongue along the fullness of her bottom lip, "tonight at eight."

I gave a shy smile and nodded, "and the venue for this meeting?" She slowly took a few steps towards me, her height just about an inch shorter than mine.

"Your place," she brushed her lips against my ear, making a shiver run down to the pit of my core.