11

I SAT on the bed, as I looked at a naked Addison searching her closet for something to wear, "I was thinking for the James case, we plead insanity, he'll at least be sentenced to a mental institution instead of jail," I said.

"I've thought about that, but his parents want him freed of all charges, as if loopholes just magically show up," she finally took something out of her closet, and got dressed.

"I'll find one, don't worry," I told her.

"That attitude's going to make me fuck you again, Samantha."

I grinned and she placed her hands on her hips, "you can when I succeed, Addison."

"Deal," Addison leaned in for a kiss, and fixed the collar of my shirt.

We left the apartment, and took separate cabs back to the office. After a few hours, and a migraine, where I had to take a few pills, I finally stumbled upon something. I headed over to Addison's office with the biggest smile on my face.

Ben was leaving her office at the same time, "Samantha, I haven't seen you all day."

I smiled at him, "busy, busy, busy," I chanted. He patted my shoulder, as he walked past me. Letting out a breath, I entered Addison's office, "Miss Chase," it felt so foreign to address her that way. I closed the door behind me, walked over to the front of her desk, and took a seat on one of the two chairs available.

"Love, we're way past formalities. Always call me Addison when we're alone," I nodded, as her eyes travelled over my cleavage. Straightening my posture, I moved the file in my hand in front of my chest.

I opened it and sighed, "I found something."

"That was quick. You really want me to fuck you again, don't you?" Not everything's about sex, Addison.

"I'm efficient, that's all."

"Which case?"Her eyes narrowed, as she studied me.

"Keron James," she nodded and I continued, "you see the lacerations around the victim's neck. There were no fingerprints, except those of the victim and the accused, but a pair of latex gloves was found next to her dead body. So, ignoring our client as a suspect, it can be justified that the murder was premeditated, since the killer could have used those gloves to strangle her. They tested the gloves for DNA, and found only the victim's, which is quite surreal unless she strangled herself."

"So?"

I knew that she wanted me to get to the point, "now, how is it possible for only the victim's DNA to be on the gloves if it was used when strangling her?"

"Someone with similar DNA as her."

I nodded, "so the DNA is that of a woman since it's claimed to be hers, but if it is someone else's DNA, that means that the murderer is not only a close family member, but also a woman."

"Our client is male," she looked away in contemplation, and placed her index finger and thumb against her chin, "that's good, but how do we prove that she was strangled with the gloves?"

I smiled and closed the folder in front of me, "our client's fingerprints were found on her neck, but just a few thumbprints, now what evidence is left behind from the use of latex gloves?"

"Go on," she crossed her arms over her chest, and leaned forward.

"Latex powder," she seemed to be satisfied with my discovery, "if traces of latex powder can be found on her neck, it will be admissible."

"We need to send those gloves for some retesting."