17

ADDISON SEEMED to completely forget about what took place between us, at least that's how it felt. The girls continued to have sleepovers on some weekends, but since the first time, Addison never came over again.

At work, she was just my Boss. We dealt with cases together, handled them in court, and that was it. It saddened me how things felt so normal, yet so depressing.

As I looked through some papers for a case, I heard a rap on my office door. Looking up, my eyes gazed upon Addison by the door, since the shutters were open, "come in."

Addison opened the door, and walked in, her face not showing discomfort or anything, for that matter, "can we talk?"

I nodded and furrowed my brows. We hadn't talked in weeks, which made my stomach churn with expectation. Is she going to bring up us?

"So, what is it?" I asked, as she stood next to a chair in front of my desk, not taking a seat.

"I know Elle's birthday is two weeks from now," she took a deep breath before continuing,  "Aria wants us to take her to our condo in Myrtle Beach, so..."

"Does Elle know about this?"

She shook her head, and shifted onto her left side, "no, it's a surprise," she mumbled, before running her fingers through her hair, "anyway, so you obviously have to be there, since it's your daughter's birthday," she sank her teeth into her bottom lip. Things had not felt so awkward in a long time between us.

"I don't know, what does Ginnifer have to say about it?"

"I called her, and she said she's going to be at a conference in Seattle, and can't make it," Addison explained. I nodded and rubbed my temples with the tips of my fingers. It was typical for Ginnifer to always have something else to do. Elle was going to be upset when she wouldn't be there, which meant I definitely had to be, "I don't want this as much as you do, okay? I'm just trying to make our daughters' happy."

"That's easy for you to say, you don't seem to have much of a problem dealing with this."

"Who said I don't have a fucking problem with it?" She snarled unexpectedly, making me swallow, "look, I just want to get this over with. If you don't want to come, that's fine," she stormed out of my office, and slammed the door behind her. I never saw her so worked up before.

I ran my tongue across my bottom lip, contemplating if I should do what my heart was yearning to. Getting up from my desk, I headed out of my office, and towards hers. My heart was in the palm of my hand. I didn't know what I was going to say or do, but as I entered her office, there she stood, looking over the streets through the glass window, "Addison," I closed the door behind me, and twitched the lock, knowing that we were probably going to get into a heated argument, but I didn't care. At least, I would've gotten some emotions out of her.

"What do you want, Samantha?" She turned, her arms crossed over her chest.

"I... um..." I miss you.

"I seriously don't want to deal with this. I didn't mean to develop feelings for you, I never develop feelings actually, and don't worry, I know you don't like me that way," she sighed and lowered her gaze.

"You have feelings for me?" I whispered, thinking that I heard wrong.

"You should go," she mumbled, raising her eyes to meet mine. I pressed my lips together, and took a step closer, "just fucking leave!" She yelled through gritted teeth, and I took a deep breath. Stretching my hand to touch her arm, she moved backward, and shook her head.

"Addison..."

"No," she breathed heavily, "leave me alone," she stepped back, the back of her thighs hitting the front of her desk.

"You're fucking unbelievable," I grumbled, my words slipping out of my mouth in aggravation, "did you ever think that I would fucking feel the same for you?" Immediately feeling guilty for how harsh my words slipped out of my mouth, I didn't expect for her to pull me into her, and smash her lips against mine. Surprised and turned on at the same time, I kissed her back with the same intensity, moaning into the kiss.

Not letting go of our lips' wrestling match, I lifted her onto the desk, and spread her legs apart with my hands, "oh, fuck," she gasped against my lips, as I slid my hand under her skirt.

As my fingers grazed against her lace underwear, she moaned and leaned her forehead against my shoulder. My fingers then slipped beneath the thin fabric of her panties, immediately meeting warm, slippery flesh.

Not wasting any time, the adrenaline in my system making my body react without my mind's involvement, I slipped two fingers in between her dripping folds, and touched her clit with the tips. My heart raced inside of my chest, and my fingers found themselves roughly stroking the silkiness of her delicacy.

"Harder," she demanded, as she sank her teeth into the side of my neck. Not needing to be told twice, I thrust my fingers into her aching walls, making a loud gasp escape those beautiful lips of hers. Her head fell backward, and her eyes clenched shut, as I continued to skillfully use my fingers.

My lips found their way grazing along her neckline, savoring the sweetness of her skin that beaded with her vibrant passion. Her legs wrapped tightly around my waist, as her nails dug into my skin. Addison, I have feelings for you too.