16

AS I opened my apartment door, and walked in, Addison was no longer there. I sighed and closed the door behind me, my body feeling lifeless, not only because I had to take Ginnifer home, and make sure that she'd made it to bed, but because I missed Addison's presence, "Mom, we're watching Finding Dory," I heard Elle yell, as she popped her head out of her bedroom, "come on, we're all in here," I walked into the room to see Addison changed into a pair of shorts, and a tank top, while lying on the bed with Aria. She's still here, "come on," Elle pulled me along with her, and I took a seat at the edge of the bed. She scooted closer to her best friend, leaving me sitting next to Addison.

Addison propped herself on her elbows, and looked at me, "did everything go okay?" She whispered under the loudness of the television. I nodded and sighed. I was getting a migraine, "I told the girls that you went to the office to pick up something."

I nodded again, and looked over at the television. She let out a low breath, and didn't say another word, "did you get what you went to the office for?" Elle questioned, not looking away from the screen.

"Yeah, I forgot this file I want to look over this weekend."

"You guys aren't working this weekend," Aria said, before placing a handful of popcorn into her mouth.

"We have two court dates for next week, so yes, we are going to work whether you two like it or not," Addison's tone was harsh, and Aria rolled her eyes.

"We don't have to go into the office unless something important comes up, but we do have to go over the cases," I explained to both of the girls in a calmer tone. Addison seemed irritated.

"I need to use the bathroom," Addison got up from the bed, and left the room. I followed behind her, wanting to know what was wrong. I then saw that the glass door for the balcony was slid open, and she was leaning against the railing.

"Addison..." she shook her head, making me stop.

"Why did you follow me?" She asked with an arched brow.

"I just... just..." I want to make sure you're okay. I rubbed the back of my neck and sighed.

"You don't have to worry about it, Samantha. It never happened, and now we can just continue on with our lives without that mistake on our chests," her voice was bitter, and stung my heart. In all honesty, I can't forget.