5

As we entered the restaurant, two of four people were upset. It seemed as though Addison and her daughter had a lot of drama in their lives, unlike my stale and boring life.

A waiter showed us to our seats, and gave us menus before leaving, "Samantha, have you read the Crosby Case? I was thinking of fighting against the lawsuit instead of settling, the prosecution has no valid evidence to prove that our client..."

"Mom, please save your work stuff for work."

Addison frowned and looked down at her menu, without another word, "So, Mom, I was thinking that we'll come over Friday after school, you can barbeque or something," Elle said.

"Oh, sure thing, Honey, I'll try to get off of work early."

Addison cleared her throat, making me sit up in my seat. Why was I so tense around her? "Mom, you'll let her get off early, won't you?" Aria asked.

Addison lifted her eyes to her daughter, and pursed her lips, "I'll see if it's possible."

"Great, you two can pick us up from school."

"I never said that I'd leave early."

Aria glared at her mother, "you are, or else I'm going to bring my boyfriend with us."

"You call him your boyfriend?" Addison raised her brows.

"Would you like me to say booty call instead?"

Addison cringed, "boyfriend is fine, and his mother is hot."

"Yeah, you declined her already."

"She's married, Aria. My home-wrecking days are over."

"Ha, you wish, all of your grandmothers are always married."

"Divorced, actually. What's your point?"

"Nothing, Mom, you just have a weird type."

"Mature, sophisticated and beautiful. Anything you'd like to add?"

"Oh, I know one! Old," what's so old about a woman in her fifties? I got offended, because I was pushing fifty.

"I'm a legal aged, mature woman, I can have sex with whomever I'd like, whatever age, gender, ethnicity..."

"Gender? Since when have you started fucking guys?"

"Oh, shut up, I was just trying to make a point."

"Yeah, sure, you're such a virgin."

Addison didn't answer. Instead, she closed her menu, and began to browse through her phone.

"Mom has a new boyfriend," Elle broke the silence.

Addison looked up at me.

"Not me," I said. I was repulsed by even the idea of being with a man again, "that's good for her."

"Yeah, I think his name is Tony."

I almost choked on my water, "Tony?"

"Yeah, you know him, right?"

I shook my head, "no."

"She said he's her ex-husband."

"Oh, that Tony," of course, I knew that, my dear daughter.

"Don't act like you don't know who I'm talking about," she's smarter than I thought.

"Yeah. Yeah," I mumbled.

"Well, she's dating him again. I don't know why."

I pressed my lips together.

"So, your Mom was married twice?" Aria asked and Elle nodded.

"Yeah, she doesn't keep them for long."

"Hey, I stayed with her for a few years," I pointed out. I'd always felt a bit guilty for leaving Ginnifer. But we were so incompatible, and our relationship was bad, at least to me it was.

"How long did you want a divorce?" Since before you were born.

I cleared my throat, and bit down on my bottom lip, "point taken, but she was a pain in my ass."

"Oh, the non-existent one?" I frowned. Ginnifer had always made fun of my small butt.

"That's not funny. You know, I'm getting too old for this."

"Oh, Mom, you can date Elle's Mom, since you like older women," Aria said.

"No, thank you," I said. It might have come off a little too harsh.

"I'm that ugly?" Addison clasped her hands in front of her.

"Um... uh..." you're beautiful actually.

"Oh, she totally likes you. You two should see where things go," Aria teased.

"I don't think..." God, what would it be like to kiss those lips?

"Don't lie. I see straight through your eyes," Aria stared at me for a bit, "think about it, Elle. We could be sisters," Aria squealed. You're going to turn me into a tomato, Aria.

I looked at Addison, and arched my brow, "is she joking or not?" A part of me wants to be with you.

Addison shrugged and bit down on the inside of her cheek, "you're cute, but I don't get involved with co-workers," she's so fucking humble. You're my boss, for Christ's sake.

"My Mom's not just cute," Elle said, "she has a few stretch marks here and there, but she's pretty."

"I think stretch marks symbolize even more beauty," Addison's eyes flickered towards mine, making my knees tighten. Why are butterflies swarming inside of me?