Chapter 53- kidnapped

Start from the beginning

" What time is the Zip-lining then?" Nik asks and I peer down to my phone.
" Shit, it's in twenty minutes. Raffe call a taxi"

————————————————————————
It's around half an hour later by the time we arrive. I smack Nik's hand away as he offers it with a cocky grin, instead climbing out the taxi myself.

" It's a shame Cel can't come with us" he says as we all begin wandering over to where the zip-line begins.

" She has a fear of heights anyway. I'm sure she'd rather go to a spa and taste wine"

" She never told me that" Lorenzo mutters.

" Guess you don't know everything about your girlfriend Caldo"

" Just in time" a voice begins as we arrive. I look up to see a man, around mid thirties, waiting for us. His name tag reads John.

" I have five adult tickets booked. Kiara Hawthorne, Celeste Evelyn, Lorenzo Caldo, Raffe Caldo and Nikoli Blackthorn. There's only four of you" John peers up from his clip board with a raised brow.

" Yeah Celeste isn't here. She's injured" Enzo clarifies.

" Right ok. Well then I'll get you four harnesses. The wooden hut we give you a brief in is just over there if you want to head over"

" Thanks"

As he walks off in a different direction we all stroll over to the hut. It's almost ten minutes later by the time John returns.

" How the fuck do you put this on?" Raffe huffs as he's passed a harness.

" Did you never go on some like zip lining school trip shit as a child?" I ask.

" No" Nik scoffs.

" Oh sorry I forgot you went to a private school that wasn't in mountains of debt"

" We just visited stately homes and shit owned by lords and ladies" Lorenzo sniggers.

" What about like residential trips?"

" We went skiing in the alps. Oh we also went to Dubai and New York"

"Don't forget Egypt and Norway"
Even Raffe seems to think it's ridiculous. He laughs through his words as a grin begins climbing up his lips.

" Fucking hell, we went to Wales"

" Stupid shit" I hear a voice curse and we all turn to see Nik struggling with the harness. A Lorenzo like chuckle echoes from behind me as I laugh myself.

" You ok, Blackthorn?" I grin.

" What? Yeah."
He flicks his eyes back down, to pull on the harness aggressively.

" Your such a bloody idiot Nik"

" Thanks Ki for the help"

" No problem Blondie"
I reach up to ruffle his hair but he swerves swiftly to wander over to a bench. I follow, the sudden strong scent of cologne entering my nose as Raffe slumps down beside me.
" You ok Hawthorne?"

" Why wouldn't I be?"

" Enzo are you still putting your harness on?" he chuckles.

" Is Cel not here to help you?" Nik smirks.

" Great timing Nik" I kicks my leg towards him with a glare. I presume Enzo was ignoring the comment until he wanders over.

" Have you forgotten everything from the past 24 hours shithead?" He slaps the back of Nik's head lightly with a snigger before placing himself beside Raffe.