Wakanda skies - chapter 47 ४

Start from the beginning

You close your eyes as she speaks, a wide smile grew on your face.

"Hey are you okay?"

You open your eyes again. Bucky is standing in front of you and you're right back under the tree. Alone. You look up to the sky and wipes the tear from your cheek.

"I'm fine" you chuckle. And this time you really mean it.

"Can I sit?" He asks gently, you simply nod your head. "I'm really sorry about last night"

"Don't worry about it"

"I was way out line, and I'm truly sorry about it" he says sadly. You grab onto his hand, holding it tightly. "If I could I would take it back"

"Would you?" You question. "Take it back"

"I mean every word I said, but it was not my place to say" Bucky opens up another beer, drinking it slowly. You sigh deeply.

"You could probably start by cutting down on the alcohol" you're getting worried. He just laughs it off.
"Buck I'm serious.. drinking isn't gonna bring the old Steve back you know"

"You're right.. but it's all I have right now" he shrugs.

"You have me, maybe not in the way you want but, you do have me" You look at him, resting your head on his shoulder.

"I know" He smiles kindly

"I miss him.. so much"

"I do too"

"I'm gonna marry Him Buck" you say confidently.

"Yeah, well at least I tried to stop you right?" He chuckles.

"You should know damn well by now no one can stop me once I want something" you smile. You've missed this, just talking to him, no yelling. Just enjoying each other's company. Bucky takes a deep breath.

"He's one lucky bastard" Bucky shrugs.

"I think I'm the one that got lucky actually, at least that's what it feels like" your expression slowly shifts. As you look at Bucky chugging down the rest of his beer. "Do you bl-" you stop yourself for a second. "Do you truly blame me for what happened with Steve" you ask hesitantly. "It's okay if you do, I just really need to know"

"No.. I don't y/n" he answers calmly. "But every time I look at you, all I see is his face" a tear falls from his eye. "You remind me so much of him"

"I do?" You chuckle.

"You're both a pain in my ass" he grins. "But you're also the best people in the entire world. You're kind, selfless, giving." He smiles as he admires you. "But I gotta admit, his ass was a bit better"

You jaw drops, as you hit him on the shoulder. "Have you been looking a lot since you know that?" You chuckle.

"Oh yeah definitely, but you're far more beautiful than that old bastard"

"Thank you Buck" you sarcastically.

"In all seriousness, im sorry for kissing you"

"It's okay, I'm just relived you don't hate me" you mumble. "I can't lose you too"

"You're never gonna lose me y/n... Till the end of the line right?" He chuckles.

"Till the end of the line always" you smile. "Thank you Buck, I needed that more than you know.

"Now come on, we need to get you ready for the procedure" he shrugs, quickly standing up. He reaches out his hand helping you up on your feet. Together hand in hand you walk into the laboratory. Shuri and Sam are waiting.

"Did you sleep?" Sam shrugs.

"Sure did" you say, winking at Bucky.

"Alright let's get this started" Shuri says.

You lay down on the table, as your hands and legs once again gets tied down. This time it isn't just with ordinary leather straps. These are made of vibranium. They have to make sure this time it will take a lot more energy from you to break free. As Shuri is prepping the things, you feel yourself getting more nervous. Bucky sits down beside you grabbing onto your hand.

"Hey it's gonna be fine, you're gonna be fine" he reassures you.

"Just don't go okay?" You breathe heavily.

"I would never"

You close your eyes exhaling all the air in your lungs.

"I'm ready" you say.

As soon as you rest your head on surface, a metal device wraps around your head. But you don't feel scared, whatever happens it's gonna be for the better. As a small needle pierce through your right temple you scream out in pain.

"Bucky hold me down" you cry out, as the fluid injects into your body. Bucky uses all his power to hold you down, while you use all yours to not tear this place apart.

"I think it worked" Shuri sighs in relief.

"How do you feel" Sam asks.

"I don't know, I feel the same I think"

"James you need to bring her to Ayo right away, there's no time to waste" Shuri demands, untying you from the table.

"Thank you so much for all of this" you give her a hug.

"You did well y/n, just remember that you're in control, not the stones... not hydra.. you" she whispers.

"I know, But I'm not alone anymore" you smile as you look around.

You were never alone