Shen Yu half-reclined against the imperial concubine's couch in his palace. All the servants they brought back, including the woman, knelt in the main hall. No one dared to make a sound.

The imperial palace had recently welcomed a new master, and he was very much favored by the emperor. Everyone knew the noble monarch was in poor health. The scope of his activities was basically confined to Yuzhang Palace. Aside from the people who served him, the other palace people didn't know much about Shen Yu.

"Tell me, why did you bully this palace maid?" Although he knew the general situation, there were some things they needed to say themselves.

"Noble monarch, please forgive this slave. This slave was angry because of Shen Yue's behavior. She's obviously a palace maid, but she doesn't do her work seriously and shows up in places His Majesty passes by every day...."

Shen Yu understood that this maid was trying to have a chance encounter with the emperor. The best way to change from a maid to a mistress in a stroke was to be seen by the emperor.

And Shang JunLin, who'd never taken interest in anyone before, not only took interest in someone, he began to spoil them, regularly sending gifts to Yuzhang Palace. Shen Yu knew that Shen Yue wasn't the only person in the palace with the same idea.

But Shen Yu was a little confused. According to the information obtained by Mu Xi, Shen Yue used to do her duty honestly. She knew how to play it safe and avoid trouble. Why did she suddenly become so ostentatious?

Shen Yu tapped the arm of the couch. "Shen Yue, do you have anything to say?"

"This slave admits her guilt." Shen Yue bowed her head, but her eyes were full of discontent. She'd actually transmigrated here. After dropping out of high school, she had no choice but to work in a factory. She relied on her good looks to get the men around her to help her with work, and framed the other good-looking women out of jealousy. Somehow, she suddenly woke up in this world.

After learning about the situation from the original owner's memory, Shen Yue couldn't help feeling that her opportunity had come. When she discovered that her face was ten times more beautiful than in her previous life and somewhat similar in appearance to Noble Monarch Shen, the emperor's only favorite at the moment, she was even more determined to take this path.

A few days ago, the original owner got a message from a person outside, ordering her to find a way to get close to the emperor. If she could take advantage of her beauty to become the emperor's woman, that would be even better. The person also sent a lot of exquisite clothes and jewelry.

Shen Yue was almost mesmerized. She'd never seen anything so beautiful. She couldn't help thinking that if she became a noble concubine, she'd have many more precious things, as many as she wanted.

The man who contacted the original owner promised to help her in the palace and painted a beautiful picture. Shen Yue didn't know what the original owner thought about this offer, but she was tempted.

Shen Yue had read a lot of transmigration novels. When she looked at her own situation, she was more and more convinced that she was the "protagonist". Why else would an emperor who'd been on the throne a few years have an empty harem? As for this Noble Monarch Shen who'd recently appeared, Shen Yue firmly believed he was the villain she needed to defeat.

So she dressed herself up in fine clothes and used the information provided by the people outside the palace, frequently appearing in places the emperor would pass by.

However, she was really unlucky. Recently the emperor liked to stay in Yuzhang Palace. His habits changed, and she never once met him.

Shen Yu might have rescued her from being bullied, but Shen Yue didn't feel the slightest bit of gratitude. She only felt deep jealousy.