Cry's Past (P2)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cry's Pov

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I couldn't fall asleep that night, not easily at least.

But finally i did.. I still wish i hadn't.

In my dreams, It felt like my skin was ripped off and cut. When i woke up, i felt dried tears.

But there was something else, Selma was in there, With a carving knife pointed at my face...

"Cry you child!" She snarled "Cry!" I cried and tried to smack her hands away. What was she doing?! I gathered up some courage and strength ,and kicked her off me. I felt liquid falling down my face, "must be tears.." i thought.. As i ran out the room, I grabbed the house phone and ran into the nearest room. When i ran in i locked it and sank to the floor.

I looked around and saw myself in the mirror, I walked closer, I had thought i saw something on my face. As i got closer, it got clearer.

She carved a tear drop on to my cheek, right below my eye.

It was outlined with blood... Was she crazy? 

I wiped the tears and blood away and tried to remember anyones number.

The first one that came to mind was Red. I typed the number quietly,as i heard Selma's footstep.

It rang for awhile, I was terrified if she didn't answer.

"Hello?" I heard a tired Red say.

"Help..." I whispered, I looked un der the door and saw her shadow standing in front of the door. After a few seconds of silence she walked away.

"Ryan?" I heard the bed creek as she got up. "Yes, It's me..."

"Where ar-" She was cut off by banging on the door, I cried a loud shriek.

"Get out of there,You emotionless child!" I heard Selma spat. I hang up the phone and ran under the bed in the middle of the room. I shook of fear, My breath breaking every so often, drowned out by my sobs and Selma's screams.

I closed my eyes, And heard the wood split.

She kicked the door open and stalked in. "Where are you?!" She spat once again.

"Ryan?!" I heard a comforting and familiar voice....

"Red run!" I yelled from my hiding spot. I saw Selma's feet turn around to the bed, torwards me...She looked under and pulled me out. "Let me go!" I got out through sobs. I heard Red run up the stairs, Why did the place have to be so big?

Selma slapped the cheek she had scarred. She threw me on the floor and kicked my gut. 

She got on her knees and started hitting my face, My eyes, My chin, and then finally my gut again. This repeated for along time until i passed out.

When i woke up i found out i was in a hospital bed, "Ryan!" I saw rainbow hair infront of my face,indicating Red was hugging me.

Hours later i found out Selma got death penalty, She had commited more crimes than i knew existed. She had killed alot of her clients at her job, And i still didn't know what she worked as.

"Cry..." Red quietly said, I gave her a confused look. "Nothing i'll tell you later." She shook her shoulders indicating she shook it off. "Ryan," She started,"Do you wanna live with me?" She asked.

For the first time in a few weeks, I was completley happy. I nodded my head, Remebering the doctor saying i couldnt speak for a few minutes, Due to the numbing throat medicine.

Life was perfect there, It was like an older sister with a little brother...

"Its your new name...." She said as we stood on the porch, Watching everything.

"What?" I looked up at her.

"Cry.."She said"Its your new name..." She smiled,still not looking at me.

I followed her gaze.

"I like it...."