Chapter 7: painful reminders

??? POV

A figure rested on their recliner over looking the land. A scowl cursed their face as they tapped their finger on the arm of the seat. Their mind focused on nothing but revenge for that fateful night.

"The contract is set up and he will be at the meeting point."

"Good I have been waiting for this."

Y/n POV

When spring break was over we finally moved back to our main office. It felt good being back here in familiar territory. Though I can't say the same for everybody. Loona has been feeling down ever since the beach incident. I guess finding out that her crush was already in a relationship must've really hit her hard.

While she was looking through her phone and the imp couple were doing couple things Blitzo walked over and sat next to me.

"Come on why don't you make the move y/n?"

"This is really odd Blitz. You are really overprotective of Loona and saying for me to ask her out isn't like you. What are you playing at?" I was really skeptical about it all.

"Look I know. It's all out of the blue but after me and Loona had the argument I've been thinking. Maybe she really is grown up after all. So I want give her what she wants. So maybe she needs someone else to look after her. Besides it's like I said you two would be perfect for each other!" He says with optimism.

I looked at Loona and thought about it. For most of my life I have been thinking about my mission, my goal. When I completed it I would kill myself. But maybe my life isn't all bleak after all. I really did like her but I don't know if she would accept me.

I wonder I should take my shot.

I was about to do it until a thought came my mind. A reminder of the monster I am. Would she love me for being a monster. I glance to my arm as I feel my eye both covered and hidden from sight.

A painful reminder of what my purpose is. So I ask myself once more. Would she still love me for being a monster?

"I'm sorry Blitzo but I can't. It's not that I don't love her. I do, but my time is running out and I want to spare her the pain. So I must decline." My heart is screaming at me to take it all back and give her a chance. To give me a chance but cons outweigh the pros.

"I see. It sucks but nothing I can do also you have target. Don't know the client but they promise good money for a target in the human world they specifically want you to handle it." He hands me the paper.

It was odd but I didn't question it. I nodded and went to ask Loona to open the portal. She obliged and my path was opened I walked through and as the portal began to close I looked at Loona one last time before the portal fully shut.

It looks like the place was somewhere in Maryland. A lot of rural areas from where I can see. Trees as far as I can see and tracks of deer and smaller critters were seen. I walked forward trekking through the forest until I came upon a opening.

It was night and the full moon was out. I was going to make a metaphor about Loona and the moon but I would make a terrible poet.

"You finally here at long last. I have been waiting for this moment." A voice called out from the tree line.

"I take it your the client."

"More like and old acquaintance." The figure moved forward into the moonlight. Right then and there I saw who it was. My fur raised immediately as I slowly growled.

"As you remember me that's sweet. Then I won't need to explain everything." It was an exterminator Angel.

But I knew this one. I remember her all too well. My arm and eye glowed as my anger grew. The bandages and eye patch burned away from the light revealing my other side in all its glory.