Chapter 2: shootout

Y/n POV

I stare out into the city thinking back on my life. I remember the teachings of my father about doing the right thing. He is a good man. My mother was always there when I wanted to cry my heart out. She said nothing as she simply hugged me until I fell asleep.

But now I'm beginning to have second thoughts. Would they still love me if I showed them what I became? Nephilim are hated by all. It's a given fact. But for now I have to focus on work. Once I have everything I need I can proceed with the next step.

I headed over to the local gun store and I purchased some more ammunition. Today was the weekend we had about three more days until we had to move to a different for spring break.

Today I'm thinking about going for a drink. I walk outside to see where I'm heading. But I've got nothing better to do so I'll just walk around the city.

Walking down the side of the road there were occasional cars and such going to and from the city. I see the sinners famous and infamous all living in poverty.

It's all quite normal down here. Then I end up in front of a bar. I said screw it and I entered. There were plenty of drunk demons inside.

I go inside and I order my drink. On the tv was the princess of hell showing off her latest project. Some sort of new hotel or something. All the other patrons laugh at the absurdity of it all. If I'm being honest I chuckled a bit too.

While looking down at the the bar I though about my food schedule. I began thinking what will get me through the week with the cheapest food possible.

"I could do ramen cups again. Mix a little can of green beans, corn, and spinach to make a good dinner schedule. For drinks I'll water same as always. I can't risk snacks lest I waste money. The border passes are about two grand a piece. So I need to save up two more weeks worth of money to buy the passport."

The bartender came by and I asked for a small soda this time. I tipped him an extra buck. Then I trailed off once more.

"Those guys at I.M.P aren't half bad. They know what they're doing most of the time and they possess unique skills when it comes to killing. Then there's Loona. If I'm being honest she was kinda good looking. But I don't want any drama lest I get fired.

Tomorrow we are supposed to move to spring break offices. I don't know what to expect but I hope it nothing too bad."

I finish up with my cup and I pay the bartender and began to leave. Two nasty looking demons enter the bar looking high and mighty.

I pay them no attention as I walked towards the door. But I ended up bumping into one of them inevitably.

"Hey! Watch where your going ya fuckin mutt!" He shouted at me.

I gave him the finger and I said.

"Hey Limp dick Johnson shut the fuck up." I continue walking as I walk out the door I see about 4 other demons near their motorcycles. Looks like they're in a gang. The four stop me as the other two walk outside.

"Hey I think you me an apology mutt." The loud mouth one spoke.

"I told you to shut up already. So why aren't you obeying me?" I said not facing him.

The gang hover their hands over their firearms. I looks at the six of them making a plan on how to kill them.

"I said. I think you owe me an apology bitch." Their hands draw closer to their guns. Too bad they are already too late.

"Wrong choices of words-" in the span of ten seconds I gun down the gang twelve shots two bullets in each head. They fall down knocking over they're motorcycles.

I holster my revolvers as I continue walking.

"-partner."

As I walk back to my apartment I reloaded my revolvers. While reloading them I see that they are beginning to gather dirt and grime on the outside.

"Looks like they need their monthly wash. I'll do that after my shower I think I'm staring to get mats on fur."

Then in that moment I gotten another headache. It happens every few months or so. I get these migraine size headaches with the Angel side screaming at me. Most of the time I hear "kill, slaughter, devour" over and over again.

"Damn exterminator."

Well you see it wasn't an exterminator that did this to me. It was an exorcist. A more advanced exterminator.

They have the ability to purify anything hellish like sinners or demons. It's very painful. But exorcist sightings are extremely rare. At least one appears every thousand years or so.

After some walking around I finally made it home. I took off my jacket, I took off my clothes and I got my shower. I replaced the bandages and I cleaned my collar. My exterminator side was more intense this time. I may need to let loose soon.

I put my laundry in the washer and I cleaned my guns. After some scrubbing they looked good as new again.

Once everything was all said and done I made my dinner. It was a simple ramen cup with a cup of water.

I turned on the tv I looked through the world war documentaries.

"Oh cool! They have one on Alvin York! My favorite Tennessee man."

Alvin York was a religious soldier from Tennessee, who manage to take down three machine gun nests which just a rifle and a pistol by killing most of the German soldiers on one of the nests and capturing the commanding officer forcing the other Germans to surrender. He killed 25 soldiers, captured 35 machine guns, and captured 132 prisoners. He did all of this solo. He survived the war and he died of old age in peace in September 2, 1964.

"What a legend."

It was a very enjoyable documentary.

I wonder what tomorrow will hold?