xii | only me

She got up, getting everyone's attention.

" that's a bitemark... right? "

Nam-ra's breathing sped up, she looked at Hyun who covered her bitemark with her hand. Nam-ra did the same, as they turned to face the rest who had all backed away, in fear.

Cheong-san ran to grab a music stand so he could use it as a weapon.

" no. " Su-hyeok said, walking up to him, to stop him.

" it's not what it looks like. "

" move. step back. " Cheong-san retorted.

" i'm telling you it's not. " He looked at the two.

" Tell him. You weren't bitten by a zombie. " Hyun stayed silent, knowing it was useless to try and defend herself from the obvious.

" please. " Su-hyeok pleaded, his whispers directed to her.

" it wasn't a zombie. Gwi-nam bit them. " Su-hyeok said, turning back to Cheong-san.

" who? " " Gwi-nam. the bully. "

" yoon gwo-nam? "

" yes. " Cheong-san then turned to face the two girls.

" Hyun... Nam-ra. Were you really bitten by Gwi-nam? " Hyun looked at Nam-ra who looked at her, not wanting to speak. So she nodded.

" Say it clearly. "

" it's true. " Su-hyeok defended.

" Gwi-nam was bitten by zombies. "

Now this confused Hyun. How would a zombie have talked? She was sure Gwi-nam had talked. Turning to Nam-ra, she saw they shared the same expression.

" You saw. He wasn't a zombie. " Su-hyeok said, turning to face the two.

Hyun snapped back into reality, looking up at the boy.

" are you sure he was bitten by a zombie? " Nam-ra asked, as she got up from her spot.

" yes. " Cheong-san replied. " then we'll turn into a zombie too. " Nam-ra said, teary eyed as she looked back to Hyun.

" stop it. " Ignoring his protests, she held her hand out in front of Hyun.

" let's go. " Hesitant, Hyun looked up at Su-hyeok who pleaded for her to stay through his eyes.

She wanted to stay. Although she didn't want to admit it, she'd miss Su-hyeok. The cheerful boy who'd sneak glances at her during classes. She wondered how she never noticed. The boy who made such the effort to be her friend, and who saved her from falling to the ground with the zombies.

" ok. " She responded, taking Nam-ra's hand in hers.

" Thanks.... Su-hyeok. " Hyun said, smiling before he ran up to her, grabbing onto her arm.

" it's not the time for goodbyes. you're not like them. " He pulled her back, along with Nam-ra.

" They won't turn. Don't you trust me? " Su-hyeok asked, looking around the classroom.

" I saw Gwi-nam get bit. it happened while we fought. " He informed the rest.

" I fought him too. " Su-hyeok retorted back. " that's how i know. "

No one else responded, so Su-hyeok pulled Hyun, who pulled Nam-ra along with her to the window. He held her hand up, nudging her to hold hers up.

" see this? if either of them turn, i'll throw them out the window so neither of them can attack you. so don't say anything. "