Lady Death has come a'calling

(Tw: Disappointing Title, Kristen isn't here again, Phil is just letting his son know his mom wasn't a fridge, talk of Death, but like the Goddess of it, also this is late because of school, sorry)

All at once, a clamor of questions comes from Techno and Wilbur, quickly silenced by Phil. "Boys, Tommy is sleeping. Since it doesn't seem like he's been able to do that often, let him sleep." The boys are more subdued at the realization.

"But... what do you mean that Death has claimed me?" Phil smiles gently. "Your mother was Lady Death herself. Unfortunately, until now I've not been allowed to tell you anything about her. Now, though... something has changed. Judging by your vision, I'd say your powers are finally being allowed to kick in. Your Immortality should follow shortly after."

Wilbur gapes silently for a moment. "Immortality? What do you mean?" Phil smiles once more. "You're a demigod, son. Of course it comes with added bonuses. In your case... immortality. To live forever. And if you don't end up immortal.. then you will certainly gain the other half of your mother's powers. To send souls to Limbo."

Wilbur looks off listlessly to the side. Techno speaks up. "So this is why you weren't worried about adopting me. You already knew you'd have to deal with an immortal kid anyways." Wilbur's head turns to Techno so quickly that he might have gotten whiplash.

"Excuse me? You're immortal?! Since when!?" Techno chuckles a little. "I've always been, Wil. 'Technoblade never Dies', remember? I wasn't kidding." Wilbur groans softly, slumping into his father's side. "Why does this family have to be so complicated?" Suddenly, his sits up straight again.

"Wait, how are you immortal then? Are you a demigod too?" Techno shakes his head. "No, I'm not. I'm just a god's chosen. That means I've got the blessing of a god.  My blessing in particular is eternal life, at the price of sanity, though bloodshed tends to help." Wilbur freezes slightly. "Wait... is your god The Blood God? The one you shout about when you fight?" Techno nods in return. "Bingo."

Wilbur looks to Phil. "Are you immortal? What with being Death's husband and all." Phil nods in return. "I'm not called the Angel of Death for nothing, mate. I'm both her husband and her link to the mortal realm. Her... vessel, if you will." Wilbur makes a face at that. "'Vessel'? What do you mean by that?"

Phil looks a bit awkward at that. "Well... occasionally your mother needs to come to the mortal realm for one reason or another. Typically, before she met me, it would take her enormous amounts of energy to do so. She'd have to make a mortal form to cross over. But now, since it's far less costly for her to posses a willing body for a little..." Wilbur's eyes widened slightly. You don't mean..."

Phil smiles sheepishly. "It's easier on both of us. She can go and do what she needs to, and I get a nice break from the world. When she takes my place, I often just go to her realm. The Void." Techno's eyes widened slightly. "So THATS what happened today? You went to visit her?" Phil nods as a slight blush covers his cheeks. "...chat is saying that you're smooth."

Phil chokes on his air.

: )

After the... odd message from Chat, Phil continued on to explain why "Kristen", as he called her, had pulled him down. He relays the information accordingly. Wilbur makes a face at it. "What, so we could go to another server's End without having to take their portal or even go onto the server?" Techno's eyes almost seemed to shine with mischief. "Chat says we should go see the Dream SMP's End."

Phil pauses slightly, thinking. "I... I mean, we could. I could fly us, or Kristen could guide you. It would be interesting to see what Dream XD has been hiding in there for him to ban us from it."

Remembering the topic at hand, the boys both look to Tommy, who was sleeping peacefully in the middle of the nest. They look slowly up at Phil. "Wait.. does that mean that Tommy is the only one who can die in the family?"

They would have discussed it more, if not for the fact that Tommy was waking up in that exact moment.