Familiar, like someone I used to know...

(TW: Mentions of Trauma, thoughts of Manipulation (obviously from Dream) and Dream wondering why HermitCraft is so pretty because obviously everything he's doing is right, so Xisuma must be doing things wrong)

(A/N: What's this? A chapter in the middle of the week? Yes, just because I felt like being nice, and I've gotten a lot of new people to this series recently! Though, I do have a question for you. What's with all the smiley faces? Every time I read a comment I see one. Weird...)

Dream was not happy.

Not happy at all.

The world of Hermitcraft was too pretty for so many people to be there. Was there no conflict? No wars, no fights?

What was wrong with this Admin?

As they explored, the others were in awe of the pristine lands, the giant builds that aren't destroyed, and lack of conflict.

Dream could tell this wasn't going to end well.

"Xisuma" organized for everyone in the Server to meet in the "Shopping District", some kind of a mall, Dream supposes. He was expecting them all to be weak, to be easy to manipulate.

From how they look, Dream isn't wrong. The headcount he makes is about 13, which he knows are not all the people on the server, but that's fine. This means he gets to scare a few people~

Besides that, his eyes were drawn to a striking red among the crowd, a small-statured guy wearing a red sweater. Blonde hair, white wings dotted with blue every so often at the ends, and a bracelet he couldn't quite see. The man's face was guarded when he suddenly stiffened, and after a glance at where his eyes were looking, he saw that Techno was staring at the man in the red sweater.

Odd.

Maybe the man reminded Techno of Tommy? They did look somewhat similar, after all. Dream would have to keep the red sweater man close then, to have a tool for disarming Techno.

This, he could work with.

~

Philza's eyes were also caught by the red, but he looked away quickly, not wanting to spiral in front of everyone.

He spread his wings slightly, which he noticed had healed when he went through the portal to Hermitcraft.

He was itching to fly again. It had been too long.

He waited though, and watched the surrounding hermits carefully, especially intrigued by one in a suit for a while. He was standing stiff and was obviously uncomfortable, but not because of the suit. The mustached man's eyes kept daring between the man beside him and Dream, for some reason.

Odd.

Then, his eyes were drawn to the small man in red again, and he almost didn't look away until the man stiffened, and he jerked his gas away once more.

The man looked so much like Tommy had. Battle-worn, wary, and calculating. Legs tensed to run at any time, wings stiff and puffed feathers that showed how nervous he was. Philza dimly recalled that he had seen this one before, during MCC.

That must be why he seemed so familiar.