Chapter 22: Panic Attack

WARNING: ANXIETY

Y/n POV
It's been a couple of weeks since Kierney passed away. I was really struggling at first, I wasn't leaving my room. I wasn't even replying to anyone, including Brad. Speaking of Brad he has been so helpful these past weeks. I couldn't be anymore happier I'm with him. I still really miss Kierney but i know she may not be with me in person but she is in spirit.

After she passed I started having really bad panic attacks so I went to my local doctors. They diagnosed me with severe anxiety and gave me medication to take every morning and every night. Sometimes I forget but Brad always reminds me and won't sleep until he know's ive taken it.

Me and Brad are out shopping. I can feel my anxiety starting to rise up but I don't want Brad to know that, because I know he will just start to worry about me. "Can we go in Primark?" I asked as we walked out of the little cafe. "Sure." He said smiling as he lead us to Primark.

We were looking at the jeans when Brad said, "Do you mind if I quickly go look at the the male section?" Brad asked. "Yes that's ok, I'll be here." I smiled, Brad kissed my cheek and walked to the male section.

About ten minutes after he left a group of boys my age walked in. I could feel the anxiety building up again, but I wasn't going to let it get to serious. That was until they started whistling at me. My breathing started getting heavier and my hands were uncontrollably shaking. I walked away from the boys as far as I could and tried to find Brad.

The room felt like it was spinning. I finally spotted Brad and faslty walked over to him. I didn't realise he was talking to someone until I grabbed his arm. Brad looked down at me then said goodbye to whoever he was talking to.

"Hey. Hey what's wrong." He asked frowing his eyebrows as he looked at me. "T- these boys came in and..." I started panicking again. "Hey it's ok. Deep breaths. I'm here." I took a deep breath in. "They were whistling at me and saying things." Brads arm and jaw tensed up. "Come on. We're leaving." I nodded and he took my hand, holding it tightly in his.

As we walked towards the door, the boys looked at me again, I looked down to the floor and Brad noticed. We got out of Primark. "Wait here. I won't be a minutes." I looked at Brad confused but nodded.

Brad POV
I walked back into Primark and up to the boys. They turned to look at me. Before they could even dodge my fist came in contact with one of their faces, knocking him to the floor. "Don't you ever treat a woman like that." I spat staring down at the boy on the floor. He nodded and they all ran off. I left Primark and saw Y/n sitting on the floor on her phone.

I held my hand out towards her and she took it. I pulled her up and wrapped my arm around her. "What did you do?" she asked looking up at me. "Nothing you have to worry about. Just know those boys won't be bothering anyone else anytime soon." She looked up at me shocked. "You didn't kill them did you." I laughed and shook my head. She let out a breath of relief.

As we were walking back to the car I could of sworn I saw Kierney. She looked like she was laughing. I didn't mention anything to Y/n because I don't know if I did see her or not. I looked back to see if she was still there, she was gone. Maybe I was imagining. I thought.

Until I saw her again. She winked at me and left. I smiled to myself. I knew she wouldn't leave us that easily.