Chapter 21: The Letter

WARNING DEATH

Y/n POV
It's the next day and Brad is taking me too see Kierney, so that i can tell her the good news. Brad had one hand on my thigh and his other on the wheel, I was playing with his rings while the radio quietly played through his speakers.

We reached the hospital and Brad parked in a parking space, I climbed out of the car with Brad. I decided I wanted him to come so that we can tell her together. I opened the hospital doors with a big smile on my face and walked up to the receptionist. "Hello, what can I do for you today?" The lady said to me looking up through her glasses.

"Hello, I'm here too visit Kierney Smith." I said with a smile. I waited for the lady to type me into her computer to register me but she didn't she just looked at me with a sad face. I felt my heart drop into my stomach and Brad's hand wrap around mine tightly. "I'm so sorry darling. She passed away last night, she really wasn't well." I felt my whole body go numb.

But instead of crying I let go of Brad's hand, nodded at the lady and walked out of the door to Brad's car. I climbed into the car and about ten minutes Brad climbed into the seat next to me. "I'm so sorry." Brad quietly said, I could feel his eyes on me but I just stared out of the window numbly. Brad didn't bother me anymore and started the car.

We were about half way home when it hit me. I just lost my best friend. I felt the tears pore out of my eyes and loud sobs escpaed from my lips. Brad pulled the car over into parking. Brad unbuckled both of our seatbelts and pulled me ont his lap.I laid my head into his chest, the tears falling onto his black shirt.

                                                                                                           Back at Brad's apartment

Brad POV
Me and Y/n are sitting on the couch she was still crying but not as much now. "I'll be back." I said getting up and walking to the other sofa where my jacket laid. I pulled out a little letter, and walked back over to Y/n sitting down next to her. "When you left the lady at reception gave me this, she told me Kierney said to give it to you when she passed." I passed the white letter to Y/n and she laid her head on my lap as she opened it. I stroked her hair as she read it.

Y/n POV
Brad stroked my hair gently as I opened it and started to read.

Hey Gorgeous ;)
i'm sorry to leave so sudden, and i'm sorry for not mentioning anything to you. I tried trust me i did but i couldn't, you were so happy. I'm so glad we met, you changed my life for the good and i wouldn't of change anything. and even though im gone now ill always be there with you and brad. speaking of Brad make sure he is reading this too!

I moved the letter so that Brad coulr read it too.

Im hoping he is reading this too now. hello simpson! you better be treating y/n well and you better of asked her to be your girlfriend. Beacuse if not i wsont be afraid to come haunt the shit out of you. got it mister.

Brad let out a little laugh.

Ok well i have to go now i can hear the doctors coming, i love you y/n. forever.

all my love
K.S. xx

I slowly closed the letter holding it close to me. I looked up at Brad and he had tears flowing down his cheeks. I wiped them away. "Kierney wouldn't want us to be sad." "You're right." Brad sniffled holding me close.

It's been a couple of hours and me and Brad have just stayed in his room pretty much the whole day. Brad is making some more tea while I'm scrolling through all the photos of me and Kierney on my phone, laughing at a couple.

I changed my lock screen to a picture of me and her together, I closed my phone and placed it onto my bnedside table. Brad walked in with two mugs in his hand passing one to me and placing his on his bedside table. "How are you?" Brad said taking my hand in his. "I'm ok b ut I think I'm still in shock." I said playing with his rings.

"That's understandable, but like she said she'll always be with us." He said placing the piece of strand hair behind my ear. We drank our tea then fell asleep. I'll miss you k...