Chapter 5: Soft Spot

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER HAS MENTIONS OF DEATH AND OVERDOSE!

Y/n POV
I unlocked my phone and opened messages. I thought the message was going to be from Brad explaining last night but it wasn't, it was from Max. Max is my ex we dated about a year ago but I broke up with him because he cheated on jme with my ex best friend. That's when I decided to move and cut off all contact with him. I opened the message abd read it. 'Hey! So I'm in New York for a bit so I was wondering if you wanted to meet up x.' 'Max I've told you before and I won't tell you again. LEAVE ME ALONE!'  I sent the message and turned my phone off, he spammed me but I just put my phone on silent mode. "Who was that?" Kierney asked taking a sip out of her tea. "That was my ex he doesn't leave me alone." I said rolling my eyes. Wow Brad was right, I do roll my eyes a lot. "Ohh I see, weirdo." Kierney said laughing.

About an hour passed. "Right well I should probably go." Kierney said standing up, I stood up with her and hugged her goodbye.  I walked to the door with her and opened it. As I opened my door Brad opened his, I smiled at him but he just looked the other way, put his earphones in and walked away. And to think I thought he had changed. Once Kierney had gone I shut my door and walked into the kitchen, I sat down at the island and scrolled on Instagram. My phone started ringing, it said no caller id but I answered anyway.

Brad POV
I was making a cup of tea when I realised we had no milk. I sighed, *Great now I have to go to the shops.* I thought walking towards the front door ad walking out of my apartment. As I was opening my door Y/n was too, she smiled at me but instead of smiling back I just looked away and plugged my earphones in. I walked into the elevator and pressed the ground floor button. Once I had left the building I walked to my car feeling around for my car keys in my pockets, but I couldn't find them anywhere. "Fuck." I groaned, I must of left them in my bedroom. I Walked back into the building and towards the elevator, I pressed level 13 then started making my way towards my flat. But as I was reaching Y/n's flat I heard shouting and arguing. "JUST PISS OFF AND LEAVE ME ALONE!" I heard her shout followed by the sound of something smashing. And as much as I hate her I ccouldn't help but worry, so I opened her door and looked around for her.

I finally spotted her in the corner of the living room, but it sounded as if she was crying. I wanted to just leave there and then but I felt my feet walking towards her. IT was as if they had taken control of my body. I slowly knelt down beside her touching her back with my hand, she jumped and turned to look at me. "If you have come here to be an asshole to me then leave because I'm not in the mood." She said turning back around and carried on what she was doing. I didn't say anything and just looked down to see what she was doing, there was pieces of a smashed what looked like vase on the floor and she was picking the pieces up. I started to help, when she winced in pain I looked over and she had cut her hand. "Come with me." I gently said in a soft voice as I took her non cut hand and lead her into the kitchen.

I don't know what is happening with me but it's like I have a soft spot for her, I rinced her cut hand under the tap then placed a plaster on it trying to be as gentle as I can. I looked up at her and she had tears coming down her cheeks. "I thought you hated me." She said sitting down and playing with the ring on her hand. I sat down next to her and stared at the counter. "I don't like people, and well I heard you shouting then something smash and it worried me." "What happened anyway." I asked her. "There's this guy I dated about a year ago and he cheated on me, so I broke up with him and moved here. But he doesn't leave me alone and he called me as a no caller id so I answered. That's when I shouted at him and threw my phone into the vase." I knew there was something else to the story because as she was talking about the vase a couple of tears dropped down onto her hands.

"Was the vase important?" I asked looking at her, she didn't look up though. Maybe she has trouble looking into people's eyes like I do. "The vase was my mum's." She said her voice cracking. "Was?" "She passed away five months ago from a drunk driver." She said but this time she looked at me. "I'm so sorry to hear that, I know how it feels." I said back me being the one that was now looking at the counter. "You do?" "Yh my dad died last year from an overdose." She didn't say anything and just hugged me. I haven't been hugged for a long time now so I kind of stayed still but I don't think she mind. We walked back over to the vase and she picked it all up and threw it into a bag and placed it on the sofa. "Well I should probably go now." I said scratching the back of my neck. "Ok." he said but not in her usual happy, cocky tone. But I repeated to myself in my head. *Don't get attatched. Dont get attatched.*  I wanted to do one good thing for her though so when she wasn't looking I quickly grabbed the plastic bag that had the vase pieces in it and stuffed it in my hoodie pocket. I said bye and walked into my flat. Maybe she's not all that bad.