Chapter 23

WARNING: MATURED CONTENT

Chapter 23

Perfect

I was rubbing the piece of paper where the details about the sender's whereabouts were written. Nakasandal ako sa haligi ng glass window habang nakabalot roba sa aking katawan. I just took a bath, and I am kind of planning on meeting my hater today. Right on time since Azriel is not around today.

The location my hater gave me is a public place, and I find it weird. It's not private property, actually, I know there would be a lot of people in the building. So why will we meet there? Kung ako ang makikipagkita sa taong ayaw ko, or gusto kong mawala sa buhay ko, I'd prefer a private place for me to execute what I want to do.

I am just trying to state what's expecyed the sender should do. Kaya nga nakakapagtaka dahil hindi makatotohanan ang gusto niyang mangyari. The sender wants to meet me, and according to the letter, I am not allowed to bring anyone with me. Bakit sa pampublikong institusyin kami magkikita kung gano'n?

What's the catch?

"Lunch na raw, Alanis..." Zoey said that made me jump a bit.

I didn't move suspiciously. Hindi ko pinahalata na mahalaga yung papel na hawak ko at basta na lang iniwan 'yon sa lamesa. Luckily, she didn't even look at the paper. She was focused on me, and she looks happy.

Nagbihis lang ako saglit at bumaba na rin. Everything seems like a rainbow in my eyes. Everything seems so nice. The mood, the people, the food, the place, everything. It's like today is such a perfect day.

"Where's Maddizon?" I asked when I noticed I haven't seen her. I know she was the one who prepared our food.

"She's just around. Wala sa mood simula kagabi. I tried asking what was wrong, she didn't dare to utter any word. Just a shrug," Ashanti said nonchalantly and spoonfeed herself.

Well, I was relieved. Akala ko kasi ay may problema na naman siya sa akin, it turns out she's just on her usual phase. Moody and unsociable.

"We can't ride motorboats today because your hubby doesn't allow you to join with us without him. Shame," bored na sabi ni Eccaias habang inaayos ang headset niya.

I rolled my eyes. I didn't know that Azriel left so many rules to my cousins. Kaya nga narito lang kami sa cinema room at kung ano-ano ang pinapanood. He's more strict now than ever. The thought that it's maybe because they're already tracking down the people involved with my businesses came into my mind.

When I went outside to get a glass of water for the fucking lazy Ashanti, I looked outside through the window and saw guards around. That fucking made me nervous as hell. Why the fuck they're many?

"Curious cat?" I heard Iki's voice. Paglapit niya ay umakbay siya sa akin.

"You used your vape again?" kunot noo kong tanong at sabay na kaming naglakad papunta sa kusina.

"Eccaias lend me his," he chuckled and sat on the chair in front of the island counter.

Pumunta naman na ako sa harap ng ref para makakuha ng tubig ng mahal na reyna. Bitchesa.

"He's also using?" gulat kong tanong.

"Yup. Why shock? This is better than a real cigar," he chuckled again. I think he finds my reaction amusing. "Remember the day you turned eighteen? You were drunk—"

"Fuck off—"

"And you forcefully borrowed my vape to try. I wish you still remember how hilarious you were back then—" natawa siya nang malakas nang ibato ko ang nakita kong pot holder sa kan'ya. With his fast reflexes, he was able to catch it.