19. Longing for you

Days passed at a painfully slow pace, each day was a challenge for both of them.
Eda's parents felt hopeless as they saw her falling deeper and deeper into sadness. Serkan's mother was upset too, his mental breakdowns had become more frequent and he tried to protect the remaining of his self by building a strong wall around him.

Every little thing reminded them of each other. When Eda's father tried to cook for her to lighten her mood, she could only think of the mess he created while cooking when Serkan was over.
When Aydan forced Serkan to go to their mountain house for the weekend, he could only think of his promise to Eda. The promise of visiting it together every year. It was right after they had gone public. He surprisingly had a good time their with her memories, until he realized that it was all gone and reality stuck him.

A month had passed since their break up. Serkan had traced down the invader in his company. He was going to deal with the person for once and for all.

When Koray found that Serkan had traced him, he flew out of the country. He went to London and decided to stay there until everything gets resolved.

Fortunately, Serkan's detectives were able to track down Koray. And Serkan prepared to leave for London, there was just one last thing he needed to do. So he called Stacy.

He told her that he was moving out of USA for a while. He had promised Eda's father that Eda's studies will never suffer no matter what happens between them. Hence, he didn't want to live with this guilt. So he told Stacy if Eda wanted to come back she can. She should finish her studies and if Serkan's presence bothered her then she won't even have to worry about that. As he was going to be gone for long.

Stacy called Eda and informed everything to her and her parents.
"Where did he go? Is he okay?" Eda instantly asked after hearing everything.

"He is okay Eda and he is going to London to expand ArtLife." Stacy informed.

Eda was very reluctant about going back, it was hard for her to live in Turkey without Serkan in her life. How could she live in America without Serkan, the place where they fell in love and everything would remind her about the precious time they had spent together.

One year later

"Eda! Hurry up darling. We are late already." Stacy yelled while knocking on the door of Eda's room. She waited outside for two minutes and when Eda didn't open the door Stacy went inside. 

"Oh my God. You're still sleeping?!" Stacy pulled off the duvet from Eda. Eda was again sleeping with Serkan's coat that he had given her on their last encounter. Stacy was now used to seeing Eda sleeping with that coat or sitting alone with the special umbrella.

Eda's eyelids felt heavy and she had a hard time opening her eyes. She rubbed her eyes and tried to adjust to the light in her room. 

"Did you forget to take your medicines last night?" Stacy asked sternly. Eda nodded with guilt, she always felt bad that she bothered Stacy so much. Stacy had been nothing but an angel to Eda, she was like a sister that Eda never had.

"Ahhh Eda, why do you do this." Stacy sighed as she got up from Eda's bed and turned to leave.

"Get ready in 10 minutes, I'm waiting outside."

Eda had no intention of going to university today, but she knew she already had taken too many off days when she was sick and also she didn't want Stacy to worry about her anymore so she quickly got up. Even when moving her body felt like a burden.

Eda was in her final semester now, she was soon going to complete her masters. After Serkan had informed Stacy about moving to London, Eda's parents convinced her to not waste her life and complete her studies in America. Aydan had also called Eda to tell her that she will still be there for her even if she and Serkan were no longer together.