2. The First Encounter

Eda's parents were satisfied with her decision. And the next few days passed by quickly as she booked a ticket, did a lot of shopping and packed her bags.

And it was the day Eda was going to go to her dream city. Though she was happy about this new chapter but saying goodbye to her parents and her friends was hard. Countless hugs and kisses later Eda's parents dropped her off at the airport. And she was more than ready for her new life.

The flight was long. It took around 11 hours. Eda was very nervous and she felt anxious before the plane landed. However, after a long day of travelling she was finally in her dream city NEW YORK!. She collected her luggage and headed out to look for her Aunt's son who was going to pick her up.

-Serkan's house-

Serkan was as always busy on his laptop while Aydan was talking to him. He was too lost in his work to hear what his mother was trying to say.

"SERKAN, do you realize I'm talking to you." Aydan yelled which made Serkan come out of his trance. "NE! Anne, Ne?" Serkan screamed back.

"Serkan canim, As I was telling you, Rehan's daughter Eda is coming from Turkey to study here in Columbia University and I suggested that she could live with us as she is all alone here." Aydan explained to her son now that she had his attention.

Serkan was fully attentive now, "What do you mean by live with us, Are you planning on getting a house here. If that's the case then okay you can let anyone stay in your house why asking me? Serkan said.

"What do you mean Serkan, you're my son and you know me and your father are here only for a while why would we buy a separate house than stay with our son?" Aydan said.

"You can stay for as long as you can Anne, but I am not entertaining your guests in my house." Serkan said unamused.

Aydan got panicked by Serkan's behavior but she knew she had to do something for Serkan's approval cause she had already promised her brother.

"Serkan your house is not even a regular house, its a mansion. Don't be so stingy, let her stay please." Aydan insisted. After a lot of bickering Serkan finally gave in.

Aydan asked him to go and pick her up from the airport since she had a very important place where she needed to be. Serkan listened in a haze and went back to do his work.

It was 8 pm and Eda was out with her luggage waiting for someone to pick her up. On the other side of the city, Serkan had completely forgotten about it and was engrossed in his work. Eda kept waiting and waiting, she felt lonely and strange in this new place. She cursed herself for not having her aunt or her son's number. She couldn't even call home because it was 4 am in Turkey and she didn't want to scare her parents. So she decided to wait for a little while.

She went to a cafe and brought something to eat. It was already 9:30 pm. She felt more and more fearful. She knew no one here, so she decided to call her parents. She took out her phone from her bag and right on cue it started ringing. She picked it up without wasting a single second. Her voice was so weepy.

"Hello, Eda dear. Are you home?" Aydan asked.

Eda barely controlled her tears and said with a breaking voice, "No-o Aydan aunty, No one came to pick me up. I'm here all alone" She teared up in the end. And Aydan cursed Serkan who must have forgotten picking her niece up.

"Oh my love, don't worry I'll be there as soon as possible. I'm on my way now." Aydan reassured Eda. "If you want we can stay on the phone." Aydan suggested and they both talked until Aydan reached there.

When Eda finally saw Aydan 3 hours after landing, she ran straight to her feeling a sense of belongingness after being around strangers for the past few hours.