SEQUEL - Chapter 06

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Max's father had moved to sling his arm around his son's neck, pulling him forward so their foreheads were almost touching, before he spoke into his son's ear, low and dangerously. 

"Don't you dare! You had your freedom with that woman long enough, now you're taking one for the team and you will be fucking happy about it, understood?" Jos said no space for Max to speak up against his father. 

"Do you even care that I don't love Kelly?" Max wanted to know as his father finally let go of his neck. 

"I didn't love your mother either," Jos told his son easily. "But she had a well-known name and I did my part as it was expected of me."  

"You slept with the enemy for years Max, not many teams are as liberal about it as Red Bull was until now." His father added, his hand already resting on the doorhandle, Max's backpack in hand. 

"They don't care with whom I sleep." Max tried to defend himself, but now he started to doubt it. Christian and Helmut were happy as he took Kelly with him for the first time. 

"As long as you're winning. Keep away from Lauda, or I'm making sure you won't be able to go near her any longer. Play your part, Max." 

<><><><><><><><><><>

26th May 2019 -  MONACO 

"See who's back! I heard rumours that you're so rich now that you bought yourself an island on which you're planning to stay forever." Daniel called out as soon as he saw the Austrian talking with Kiwi while waiting for the driver's parade.

"We've talked yesterday. You congratulated me on my pole. Are you drunk?" Joanna said without missing a beat causing Kevin, Romain and Nico to laugh, but Joanna wasn't joking. She was one of the few who know about his problem, and she was sure she would have to take care of him often enough before the season would be over.

"You're mean," Daniel replied with a frown on his lips, while Sebastian came over to them as well, Charles by his side. The Monegasque moved forward and simply pulled Joanna into a hug, which surprised the Austrian who shared a look with Sebastian over the younger Ferrari driver's shoulder, but Sebastian only shrugged. Rolling her eyes at her friend Joanna briefly hugged Charles back. She felt Max's eyes on her.

"I'm so sorry for your loss, if you ever want to talk, I'm here for you," Charles said which caused Joanna to give him a weak smile. The Monegasque was a sweet boy and Joanna liked him a lot. He was one of the few drivers she seemed to have taken over the responsibility for.

"That's very kind of you, Charles." The Austrian answered while Pierre, her other grid kid came over to hug her as well. The two of them were very sensitive about the topic of death, causing Joanna to ruffle their hair, about especially Charles complained before they walked over to Carlos and Lando, who was talking to Max, whose eyes were still on Joanna every once in a while, which she only knew because she was looking at him as well.

"How are you really feeling?" Sebastian wanted to know as they were standing alone, just the two of them with Lewis close, but Niki was also a person to rely on for Lewis. The Brit might mourn deeper than Joanna ever could.

"I'm not sure. It makes me sad knowing that he's really gone." The Austrian answered, her underarms resting on the railing of the parade bus, her eyes on the crowds which were all waiting for a reaction from the Austrian. She had dodged every possibility for that just yet.

She wore black, but that wasn't really a change, Joanna wore black since the day she had won the third title for her father. The sixth of the family. Still, she didn't want to react. She just wanted to be alone.