Chapter 37: Daylight Passion

Start from the beginning

Slowly coming into consciousness, Atallie already knew that someone's hand was softly brushing against her cheek. With rough calluses which she could clearly feel together with the spine-chilling aura just right beside her, Atallie didn't have to guess anymore who the person could be.

Besides, who in the estate would have the audacity to do such a thing to her while she's asleep? Atallie knew that it could only be the duke.

However, Atallie also felt another presence. It was a calming aura that she was more familiar with.

Slowly opening her eyes, Atallie's thick and lush eyelashes fluttered as her lips parted. Her line of sight directly landed on the man quietly standing on the right corner.

"Del...you're back?" Atallie called out.

Del, who was more than delighted to see Atallie regained her consciousness, although still quiet and calm, took a step forward with a radiant smile on his pleasantly-looking face.

"Mm. I'm back." Del said. Even his brown ordinary eyes were smiling.

"That's great," Atallie said with a nod. Although there was no smile nor any other expression on her face, one could tell that she was pleased.

Both of them had momentarily forgotten about the man who was still raging with his fierce aura.

"Tsk. Such a great reunion, huh? Tell me, my dear wife, is this how you disregard I, the Duke of Kargaz of the North, your very husband?" Duke Calex asked with a sneer. His dark and deep eyes were flashing with dangerous glint. His piercing gaze was focused on Del, as if those dark orbs wanted to sliced through Del, while his hand that was caressing Atallie's cheek could not stay still as it tuck Atallie's hair at the back of her ear until it traveled down to her swan-like neck.

Such action awakened Atallie's nerves as if that patch of her skin that had been touched by the duke was suddenly on fire. Burning and scalding.

Atallie's cold and calm amber eyes turned towards Duke Calex.

She sighed in her heart.

She became stuck in yet another tricky scenario.

Thus, Atallie could only use a trick.

Lifting her hand, she gently put it over the duke's hand which was now caressing her neck and even her collar bone area.

Atallie was already glaring coldly and rolling her eyes at the duke's shameless actions.

When her hand touched over the duke's hand, a spark occurred between their contact. Atallie felt it.

It was like a flash of small lightning but its bolt traveled and spread throughout. It was but a short shock yet the current was powerful enough to be felt.

And if Atallie felt it, surely Duke Calex also did.

But instead of dwelling on it, like what she had been doing most of the time, Atallie casually threw it at the back of her mind. She had more important things to do and accomplish.

"Del, you may leave for now. The duke and I will meet with you again later," Atallie merely said two sentences. However, the look in her eyes was telling and implying more, and Del obviously knew what Atallie meant.

Thus, although Del clearly wanted to stay and didn't want to leave the two alone, he had to slowly unclench his fists and agreed to leave first.

"I understand. Then, Tallie, I'll see you later. Please take good care of yourself. I will leave first," Del said. In the end, he wanted to give the arrogant and fierce Duke Calex another blow to his pride and ego before he exited from the room.