Chapter 1: Husband and Wife

The devilishly stunning man slightly narrowed his sharp jet-black eyes at the sight of the stunned lady dressed in a blindingly white gown in front of him.

"What?" Atallie asked under her breath with her face filled with shock and confusion.

"What is the meaning of this?" She kept mumbling to herself as if no one was there - as if the gorgeous man was not in front of her to escort her out of the carriage.

"Someone!" Atallie abruptly uttered in a slightly loud voice.

The devilishly handsome man, with his hand still stretched forward, was slightly taken aback by the sudden loud tone of the lady.

However, before he could even know the reason behind it or properly look into it, in just a blink of an eye, when his glinting dark eyes landed onto the face of the Atallie, gone was the confusion and shock. Her initial expression was completely wiped off from her face, as if it was never there before in the first place.

What only remained was her upturned amber eyes devoid of any emotion and her impassive face that exuded coldness and aloofness that could make everyone wary and hesitant to approach her.

Atallie's very expression was completely in contrast to her fresh, pure, and charming beauty.

She became cold all of a sudden, akin to a glacier that would not melt even in the midst of a scorching hot summer.

The stunningly handsome man was perplexed at the sudden change.

I have never met someone before who could impressively change her expression faster than a blink of an eye without me even noticing how it changed...

Noticing the inquisitive look in the sharp dark orbs of the man, Atallie took a step forward and placed her hand onto the man's outstretched hand.

"Can someone explain to me what this situation is all about?" With her impassive face and cold amber eyes, Atallie calmly asked. It was far different from her earlier sudden loud tone.

The man got ahold of Atallie's slender and soft hand and flashed an appealing and bewitching smile towards her.

"Of course. I will personally explain the situation to you, my wife," said the man as he carefully led Atallie out of the carriage.

"This is far beyond my expectations," said Atallie as she took her first step at the massive estate in front of her.

"What is?" asked the man who was still flashing his alluring and gentle smile.

"You and me," Atallie said nonchalantly.

Glancing at the smiling man right beside her, without saying anything more, she immediately shook her hand off from the grasp of the man with the pretext of smoothening her slightly creased gown.

The man was a bit perplexed once again.

Did she just shake me off?

Looking at the slender but voluptuous woman beside him who was calmly smoothening her gown, his jet-black eyes narrowed with dangerous glint.

After Atallie managed to smoothen the almost nonexistent wrinkle on her gown, a swarm of servants, both men and women, walked in unison towards them. And before Atallie could even speak a word, the swarm of servants began to open their mouths.

"Greetings! We welcome Her Grace, The Duchess of Kargaz!" the servants said in unison as they all bowed respectfully. Their voices reverberated in a loud and firm tone.

Duchess, eh?

"Everyone in this estate is now at your disposal," said the alluring and handsome man in a commanding tone.