Chapter 33: The Great Peregrine

Sebas was once again caught off guard. A huge and heavy pressure pressed on him and before he could even react, his knees quickly met the ground. He could not even raise his head.

Sebas hissed in pain. The thick carpet didn't help at all from the impact of his knees colliding against the floor.

Mistress Allieah stood from her seat. Then, she slowly walked towards the kneeling Sebas. Her every step increased the amount of pressure pressing upon Sebas. "This lady here doesn't care whatever your reason or motive is. But in my place, my rules are absolute," she said. Gone were the alluring tone. Only sharpness and coldness remained.

Slightly bending, her long and lush eyelashes fluttered as she looked down at the kneeling Sebas.

Mistress Allieah spoke in almost a whispering tone as she leaned closer to Sebas, "Now, tell me, should you follow the rules set by me, or should I let you know more of the consequence of testing the waters?"

Gritting his teeth and having a difficult time regulating his breathing, Sebas managed to spit out a few words from his mouth, "It is...my mistake...I...truly apologize. I beg the Mistress to...release me. This...this humble one wouldn't dare...anymore!"

A smile appeared on the stunning and mystifying face of Mistress Allieah. However, her next words were definitely not as good as her dazzling smile. "Peregrine Sebas, have you now realized your mistake? If so, then, would you mind reciting them? Come, let this lady hear you out," she taunted.

His black eyes widened, and a turmoil of coldness swirled in them.

Sebas knew that his audacity this time was for no good. His overconfidence has driven him to a corner, and what he was experiencing now was all humiliation.

What more, being limited by his current abilities, Sebas knew that if he go against the formidable mistress of the wizard tower, he would certainly not be able to escape.

Then, everything would be for naught.

Thus, once again, Sebas had to grit his teeth and try hard to go against the pressure as he spoke, "I...should have sent a prior notice, no...a request to meet the great Mistress...I should not have insisted...on staying and... disturbing the great Mistress. It is...all my fault...I...truly apologize!"

Once Sebas finished speaking, he felt the pressing pressure on him decrease. His tightly clenched jaw and gritted teeth gradually relaxed as well. He was finally able to lift his head up.

However, upon looking up, Sebas saw Mistress Allieah with a bewitching lopsided smile. A sharp glint flashed across those brilliant purple eyes of hers as she tilted her head on one side.

"Is that all?" Sebas only heard her ask another question before he found himself thrown across the room.

Hiss!

Pain spread from his back across his entire body. If it was only a mere physical attack, Sebas would not mind any of it. However, only wizards knew how to attack from the inside out using their powers. And this was what happened to him. Sebas was directly attacked by Mistress Allieah.

Fixing her glinting purple eyes at Sebas, who was already quietly grunting with a pale face, Mistress Allieah could see that he was in pain and already weak.

And because she was not a bad person who will prey on the weak, she decided to finally let Sebas go as she said, "You have forgotten about testing the waters..."

Sebas' eyes constricted. Indeed. He was also here to test the waters. And because of failing to admit it, he was thrown across the room.

"Mm, I believe that you are now fully aware of your mistakes," Mistress Allieah leaned against the study table as her sharp gaze remained at Sebas. "And because I am a kind person, I am not going to pursue the matter further lest you end up drowning, and worst, dead, by testing the waters."