Chapter 34: Turmoil and Peace

On that same evening.

After Sebas settled everything, including the additional payment as ordered by the Mistress of Blue Ray Wizard Tower, he traveled right away back to the estate of the duke.

Inside the study room.

Duke Calex was seated at the head of the table. Right next to him was Estian who was currently pouring a glass of wine for him.

They were already informed that Sebas was about to reach the estate.

And just after Estian finished pouring a glass of wine for Duke Calex, the door of the study room was flung wide open.

"I'm back, Your Grace," Sebas walked in. His usual demeanor masked with his lazy aura was back as well. Even his standard faint sarcastic smile was back on display.

Sebas placed the brown envelope at the table right in front of Duke Calex as he said, "I didn't read it yet. I only had a glimpse of the information inside just to check whether it is the right one that we need."

Duke Calex said nothing. He picked up the brown envelope and grabbed the papers inside.

Estian and Sebas took their seats at the couch in front of the duke's study table. They both knew that it would take a while for the duke to finish reading and analyzing the report.

And Duke Calex truly took his time as he sipped intermittently on his wine glass while reading through the pieces of papers on his hands.

However, as the duke continued to read, a frown appeared on his cold but stunningly gorgeous face. His red hair under the dim light of the room seemed to be of fire and rage.

Both Sebas and Estian were a bit alarmed. They had the same thoughts on their mind.

What could possibly be written in there for the duke to react like this?

Estian prepared tea for both of them while waiting for Duke Calex to finish reading the report.

Because of this, Sebas also had time to rest for a while after getting through a bit of hullabaloo back at the Blossom Room.

Several minutes passed. In just a blink, Duke Calex looked up with his deep and dark eyes squinting dangerously. He stood from his seat and walked away from the study table.

With his back facing Sebas and Estian, his deep, dark, and unfathomable gaze focused toward the already darkened room located across his study room, Duke Calex spoke in a stern and deep tone that could send a chill down on one's spine, "You may leave now. You will know everything tomorrow."

Both Sebas and Estian knew too well that the duke needed time on his own. Thus, with mutual understanding, both bowed respectfully before quietly exiting the room.

Only Duke Calex was finally left inside the room. He walked towards the opened balcony and a chilly wind blew against him, seemingly welcoming him.

However, the duke didn't seem to feel anything from it.

The cold didn't bother him anyway.

He was already too used and too familiar in feeling cold. Even his heart was said to be made of stone, a cold, hard stone.

He didn't even flinch nor tremble when he was slaying tens of hundreds of monsters during battle.

Even when he was fully soaked with their foul and smelly blood, and when the wind was blowing against him while continuously ridding of the monsters to protect the people and security of the kingdom, Duke Calex didn't bother.

However, this didn't mean that he was never bothered by everything in the first place. But, did he have a choice?

Duke Calex knew from the very beginning when his parents were assassinated when the entire House of Tygart was annihilated, and he was left alone to fend for himself and survive in secrecy, that he didn't have any choice but to brave through everything.