30

“It’s stupid,” Jungkook says, handing Lisa the translucent zipper bag the slogan is placed in. “You don’t have to take it if you don’t want it.”

“It’s cute,” Lisa beams as she takes the slogan out.

The photocards fall out, and Jungkook picks them up for Lisa as the latter opens up the slogan. It reads ‘STAY WITH YOU’ and Jungkook kind of wants to hide, but Lisa is smiling so brightly that Jungkook feels like he’s going blind from it soon.

“So this is what 0327fairy has been up to,” Lisa raises his eyebrows, shuffling through the set of photocards.

“0327fairy will always try their best to give the highest level of support for Lisa,” Jungkook grins as he helps Lisa keep the slogan and the photocards back into the zipper bag.

“Jungkook,” Lisa starts, suddenly sounding serious. “This isn’t going to be easy, I’m really nervous right now, but hear me out, okay?”

Jungkook nods, his eyes fixed on Lisa's face. He thinks he knows what’s coming, but he doesn’t want to let his hopes up just in case he gets disappointed.

“I was on that dating site for ages, but I never found anyone who recognised me until you came along. I thought you’d freak out, but you just told me off for using someone else’s picture,” Lisa lets out a little laugh. “I never expected to keep in contact with you, I never expected it to lead to where we are now.”

“And where exactly are we?” Jungkook asks softly.

“Here. Me, Lisa, liking you, Jungkook,” Lisa confesses, eyes meeting Jungkook's.

Jungkook's face is already red, but he flushes even more when Lisa says his name. It makes him feel funny, butterflies forming in his stomach, and he’s never felt this way before. So this is what it feels like to have someone return your feelings, Jungkook figures.

“All our little conversations and coincidental meet ups have led to this moment, but I have to tell you. If you’d allow me, if you’d let me have you, it won’t be easy,” Lisa says, and her choice of words make Jungkook's legs go weak. “But I’m willing to try.”

Lisayah,” Jungkook calls. “This will be risking everything you’ve worked so hard for. I can’t have that, not when I’ve watched you all this while.”

“I know,” Lisa replies immediately. Holding Jungkook's hand with both of hers, Lisa continues, “But I’m willing, if only you’d allow me.”

Jungkook recalls all that Lisa's been through, and even from his point of view, it hadn’t been easy. For Lisa to put everything on the line for this, for him, is something that’s incredibly risky, but for once, Jungkook wants to be selfish. Jungkook wants to say yes.

~~

should jungkook say yes ?