29

Jungkook observes as Lisa walks over to a couch Jungkook hadn’t noticed in the room. She digs into a bag and pulls out a copy of her recent album, then searches around for a marker, grabbing it before she walks back to where they’re all standing. She asks for Hoseok's cousin’s name and signs it on the album, gives it to the little girl when she’s done. Hoseok's cousin is delighted, daring to come forward and she gives Lisa a big hug. Her head only reaches the top part of Lisa's stomach, and the singer gives her head an affectionate rub until she lets go.

“I’ll see you soon, Gguk,” Hoseok bids goodbye, shaking hands with Lisa and giving Jungkook a hug before he goes, his little cousin holding onto his hand tightly.

Then it’s just the two of them in the room, and Jungkook doesn’t know what to do.

He starts thinking of all the things he was stressed over, like his feelings for Lisa, the idol, and how he wanted to get rid of them by signing up on that dating site, only to meet Lisa with another identity. He thinks of all the times he’s laid in bed and wondered if having feelings for Lisa was right, of the times he doubted himself for if he liked guys and his feelings so much he had to go to Hoseok for him to sort out his feelings. Most of all, he thinks of the rapport he and pri had built over the last few months and how he likes it, likes pri, likes their friendship.

He’d be crazy to let go.

“So is this why you didn’t want to meet?” Jungkook asks, looking at Lisa

Lisa leads him to the couch by the hand, and sits him down. Jungkook feels his skin burn at the physical contact, and he wants more, but he holds himself back from touching Lisa. He stays still as Lisa sits beside him, their knees touching.

“I didn’t mean to deceive you, I’m sorry,” Lisa apologises. “I thought you knew, because Pri is just a shorter name for Priya, my birth name, as you may already know.”

“Nobody would expect to meet their favourite singer on a dating site,” Jungkook laughs softly, maintaining eye contact with Lisa, or rather, Priya.

Lisa chuckles, her eyes crinkling up in the way Jungkook loves. Jungkook lets his eyes roam Lisa's face, and Lisa doesn’t move. Lisa seems to be perspiring more now, making Jungkook realise that she’s probably just as nervous as he is. He turns around, looking for a piece of tissue, and when he finds it, he brings it up to Lisa's face. Their eyes meet, and Lisa nods slightly to let him know that it’s okay. Jungkook proceeds to slowly wipe off Lisa's perspiration, a smile forming on his face as he concentrates.

“What are you smiling at?” Lisa asks, his hand coming up to grab Jungkook's and she brings it down to her lap.

Jungkook startles at the contact, his heartbeat rapidly increasing, and he doesn’t hesitate to lace Lisa's fingers with his. It’s a nice fit. Jungkook marvels at how well their fingers seem to fit together, hers so much smaller than his, but so cute, only snapping out of it when Lisa squeezes his hand.

“I just never expected this to happen,” Jungkook answers.

He’s smiling now. He expected Pri to be someone else, but this is even better.

“You said you had something for me?” Lisa reminds him, grinning.

“Oh,” Jungkook remembers. “It’s nothing.”

“I doubt it. Show me,” Lisa prods.

Jungkook contemplates it for a while, wondering if he should give Lisa the Lisa support slogan set he had brought. He was leaning towards no, but the way Lisa is looking at him and just waiting has him caving in

~~~

😏👀