20

Jungkook perks up at the mention of his friend, pulls his phone out of his pocket to send Pri a message. The first time he was at the same restaurant as Lisa, Pri wasn’t around to share his joy.

to: p'pri
from: gguk97
lisa's at the same meat restaurant as i am now (*´∀'*)

Jungkook doesn’t expect a reply, probably busy at work at this time like he always is, but a reply comes within seconds.

to: gguk97
from: p'pri
really? exciting! how is she?

to: p'pri
from: gguk97
i didn’t look, thought i’d give her privacy (〃 ̄ω ̄〃)ゞ

to: gguk97
from: p'pri
i have a feeling she wouldn’t mind if you said hi!

“Jungkook,” Hoseok calls. “Did you see Pri's using a Lisa picture as his profile pic?”

Jungkook hums in response, eyes fixed on his phone as he exchanges a few more messages with Pri. With his attention solely on his phone, he doesn’t hear everyone at his table going quiet. He doesn’t notice all of them looking back and forth in between him and Lisa, and most importantly, he misses out on Lisa making eye contact with all his friends, her finger pressed against her lips as her other hand holds her phone.

“You’re one of my best friends, and I love you,” Hoseok sighs. “But you’re such an idiot.”

“Hey,” Jungkook squawks.

Hoseok doesn’t offer a response to that and Jungkook decides to drop the topic. It’s only a few minutes later that they’re all done with the food, the meat gobbled up mostly by Jin and Namjoon. Unlike the last time, Jungkook leaves before Lisa, to whom he greets with a small nod and smile which he gets in return. It’s only a slight smile and their exchange was so short that nobody would have noticed, but it still leaves Jungkook tingly for the rest of the day.